About US

My photo
This the story of our journey, Into Something Good, going Somewhere Over the Rainbow, and trying to Hold Onto Our Dreams. How we got on the way to becoming HALF time RVers! Our Ford 350 super duty diesel truck is our horses, we call it the Beast . Our 2008 34'7" 3 slide Cedar Creek Silverback fifth wheel is our Prairie Schooner Wagon,we call it the Bear. Just like the first RVers, the Pioneers of Yesteryear traveling around the country searching for a rich full filling life! Come along with us for the ride and read about our triumphs and mishaps along the way! About to be Part time RVers in a Cedar Creek Silverback 2008, 34'7", 3 slide 5th wheel, which is our Prairie Schooner Wagon, and a 2006 Ford 350 super duty 1 ton diesel truck is our horses, or oxen, only we have to feed it diesel instead of grass, and oats, which costs a lot more! Retired Air Force empty nesters off to see the good ole USA! Favorite Quote: "Life is a Blank Canvas, Made For Me to Add the Colors" Goal: I am trying to add as many colors as I can to my life!

Sunday, March 17, 2013

This N' That and a Few Glasses of Wine

Saturday:
   Today was spent mostly playing with the dogs, and cuddling them.  Finally I got so sleepy I had to get up and make myself do something. So I called one of my friends and we went shopping.  What ? Surely you didn't think I'd look for some kind of housework to do, although I could do plenty of that!  One thing I have found out about housework, is that it will still be there waitin' on you when ya get back. There is no sense in feeling guilty about not doing a chore before you go do something  else that you wanted to do first. No fairy godmother will do it for you while you're gone so you can just do it when you get back!  I have  never liked the idea of my life being ruled by my house. Nor have I ever, been one of those people who are so rigid about the house being spotless with nothing out of place, that it doesn't even looked lived in.  Our house always looks lived in. If someone comes and it's a little messy I don't let it bother me too much. Mind you, I don't like a lot of clutter, but I'm not a fanatic about it.  Anyway I figure they came to see me not my house!  If they don't like the way my house looks then they don't have to visit me there. Okay enough about cleaning and chores, it's boring even though everyone has to do it.  I'll get it done a little later, no biggie.

   So, like I was saying to begin with my friend, Sue  and I decided to go shopping.  I needed to go to Dollar General to get some Easter Basket fillers, so that is where we went.  We walked around there for about 45 minutes looking at things, and picking out things we thought our Grandkids would like.  I always get them things they can use instead of a bunch of candy.  They always like getting things they don't buy for themselves, like new nail polish, pens with glitter ink, journals etc...  They get one bag of candy, usually their favorite thing and a chocolate bunny or egg.  The rest is always other stuff, and none of that stupid grass in their baskets for filler!  Can ya tell that I hate that stuff?  LOL!  What a mess that makes when they go through their basket to see what they got! It gets all over everything and it is hard for the sweeper to pick it up!  Okay, I think my rant about Easter basket grass is over now!

   When we were done shopping we went back to Sue's house.  We decided to enjoy the rest of the early afternoon with a few glasses of wine and some good conversation.  It was nice just to sit and talk about things we needed to catch up on, and spend time with each other, since we don't get to see each other very often!  ( We used to go camping  a lot with Sue and her husband Rick, before he passed away 4 years ago. She doesn't like to hang out much with couples now, it's still very hard for her.) I could handle more afternoons like that, it was just nice and relaxing! That is exactly what we did until about 7 p.m. until I had to go home and fix dinner, it is nice that she only lives around the corner from us so I didn't have to drive very far after having a couple gasses of wine.  I also had to give Mike a break, since he had the dogs from about 2 p.m. by himself. Poor Mike had to put up with the dogs until I got back.  I'm sure Bella kept him busy getting up and down to let her out!  Ha ha!   Well I think I better go start o those chores so until we meet again...
  

No comments: