About US

My photo
This the story of our journey, Into Something Good, going Somewhere Over the Rainbow, and trying to Hold Onto Our Dreams. How we got on the way to becoming HALF time RVers! Our Ford 350 super duty diesel truck is our horses, we call it the Beast . Our 2008 34'7" 3 slide Cedar Creek Silverback fifth wheel is our Prairie Schooner Wagon,we call it the Bear. Just like the first RVers, the Pioneers of Yesteryear traveling around the country searching for a rich full filling life! Come along with us for the ride and read about our triumphs and mishaps along the way! About to be Part time RVers in a Cedar Creek Silverback 2008, 34'7", 3 slide 5th wheel, which is our Prairie Schooner Wagon, and a 2006 Ford 350 super duty 1 ton diesel truck is our horses, or oxen, only we have to feed it diesel instead of grass, and oats, which costs a lot more! Retired Air Force empty nesters off to see the good ole USA! Favorite Quote: "Life is a Blank Canvas, Made For Me to Add the Colors" Goal: I am trying to add as many colors as I can to my life!

Saturday, January 17, 2009

TRYING TO KEEP WARM !!!!!

Bitter Cold :
We are trying to keep warm here in Ohio. For the last 2 days I have sat either wrapped up in my electric throw or went to bed early just to keep warm. Last night I slept in a sweatshirt with the electric blanket. I don't think it could have been any colder if we had been in the fiver! I know some of you have been cold and freezing too! Today it is 7, count em seven degrees above zero, but the wind is bringing the chill factor down to -15! It does seem warmer in the apartment today, so the wind must be blowing from a different direction. I have had to keep the birds in their cages, and 3 sides of the cages covered the last 2 days,because of a draft. They have let us know that they're not happy about it too! So today I let them out of the cages for awhile. We'll see how the day goes, and if I have to make them get back in their cages or not. I'm sure if I do I'll here some squawking about that!

Today:
So far all I have done is feed Dutchess and water my plants. I'm not sure what else I'll get into except for washing my dishes. I need to do that because all my silverware is dirty. I haven't done the dishes in 2 days either, and boy can I tell. I still don't have all that many dishes with just the 2 of us, but they can sure add up quickly, and it makes the apartment look cluttered with them sitting in a basket on the table. Not much has been done on the apartment the last 2 days, with it being so cold, it has taken all our energy just to stay warm, but both of us are starting to get antsy just sitting here doing nothing. Hopefully we'll get something done today!

Tomorrow is our middle son, Corey's Birthday! I can't remember it being this cold here since the day he was born. We got home from the hospital the day before the blizzard of 78 hit Ohio. We got all that snow and then the temps dipped down to below zero for almost a week! We lived in base housing at Wright Patterson AFB here in Dayton then. Thank goodness we only got the cold temps and not all the snow too! Anyway, Corey wants sausage gravy and biscuits for his Birthday, so we are going over to their house and I am fixing brunch for them. So that is the plan for tomorrow. I guess after I get the dishes done we will venture out and get the stuff I need to fix that, and see how everyone else is getting along. We haven't been out of the house since Wednesday, so even with the wind chill it will be good to get out for a little bit! What am I saying it'll be darn COLD! YIKES! Well that is about all I can think of for today, so I guess I'll close for today and get busy. So I'll see ya soon...

1 comment:

Gypsy said...

I remember the blizzard of '78 - that was the day my furnace went out and my husband had gone to a Bengals game! I farmed my kids out to people who had heat, and wrapped myself in afghans to wait for Cincinnati Gas & Elec. I hope it warms up for you soon - I'm at an RV park in Sacramento so it isn't quite so bad.
gypsy