About US

My photo
This the story of our journey, Into Something Good, going Somewhere Over the Rainbow, and trying to Hold Onto Our Dreams. How we got on the way to becoming HALF time RVers! Our Ford 350 super duty diesel truck is our horses, we call it the Beast . Our 2008 34'7" 3 slide Cedar Creek Silverback fifth wheel is our Prairie Schooner Wagon,we call it the Bear. Just like the first RVers, the Pioneers of Yesteryear traveling around the country searching for a rich full filling life! Come along with us for the ride and read about our triumphs and mishaps along the way! About to be Part time RVers in a Cedar Creek Silverback 2008, 34'7", 3 slide 5th wheel, which is our Prairie Schooner Wagon, and a 2006 Ford 350 super duty 1 ton diesel truck is our horses, or oxen, only we have to feed it diesel instead of grass, and oats, which costs a lot more! Retired Air Force empty nesters off to see the good ole USA! Favorite Quote: "Life is a Blank Canvas, Made For Me to Add the Colors" Goal: I am trying to add as many colors as I can to my life!

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

WEDDING CENTERPIECES DONE !!

One of the centerpieces without the sand and votive candle
Mariah is having a blast.
Cassie gets ready to glue a flower on.

Wedding Centerpieces:
Today Mariah (Bride), Cassie (Matron of Honor), Rhonda (Mother of the Bride), an I did 24 centerpieces for the reception tables. We worked from 11:00a.m. until 5:00p.m. and we finished them all. Man our hot glue guns were really HOT!! Duh right? Anyway if we touched the hot glue once, we must have touched the hot glue a dozen times! It took quite a while to peal it off our finger tips when we were done. That is one more thing that we can cross of the list of things to do for the wedding! Woo Hoo! We now have the menu picked out for the reception, and the decorations settled. I have 7 more corsages and 8 more boutonnieres to get done, and then I can start on the bouquets. Once I start on the bouquets it will start to get really exciting. I love seeing the bouquets start to take shape. That's when it starts to get really fun for me. Then after the bouquets are done I'll get the head table centerpiece with the little white lights done. Once that's done all I have to worry about is the rehearsal dinner, and my part of the reception menu. The things that I'm making can all be made ahead several days so I think I should be able to take it easy the last week before November 8th. Poor Rhonda, Mother of the Bride, is making all the bridesmaids dresses, and also the wedding gown. I talked her out of making the wedding cake! She does a beautiful job, but she would have been bonkers, plus she works 2nd trick at a nursing home! The mother of the bride shouldn't work herself to death, and not be able to enjoy the wedding and reception.

Today:
It has been rainy all day and hasn't got out of the 60's today. I know we need the rain, but it sure made it gloomy today. It's supposed to be a beautiful weekend though, so I really can't complain about one day this week. The day just reminded me that fall is here, and winter will be just around the corner! Did I just say that? No I couldn't have! I'm sure we have several weeks of Indian Summer coming up first! Now I'm trying to convince myself and all of you!

Wood:
When I got back from helping doing the centerpieces, Mike informed me that he had used all the wood that we got yesterday and he needed another $100.00 worth of wood to finish raising the floor in the apartment! Geez in one day! So join me tomorrow and see if we manage another hundred dollars for wood. Until then I'll see ya's...

1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.