About US

My photo
This the story of our journey, Into Something Good, going Somewhere Over the Rainbow, and trying to Hold Onto Our Dreams. How we got on the way to becoming HALF time RVers! Our Ford 350 super duty diesel truck is our horses, we call it the Beast . Our 2008 34'7" 3 slide Cedar Creek Silverback fifth wheel is our Prairie Schooner Wagon,we call it the Bear. Just like the first RVers, the Pioneers of Yesteryear traveling around the country searching for a rich full filling life! Come along with us for the ride and read about our triumphs and mishaps along the way! About to be Part time RVers in a Cedar Creek Silverback 2008, 34'7", 3 slide 5th wheel, which is our Prairie Schooner Wagon, and a 2006 Ford 350 super duty 1 ton diesel truck is our horses, or oxen, only we have to feed it diesel instead of grass, and oats, which costs a lot more! Retired Air Force empty nesters off to see the good ole USA! Favorite Quote: "Life is a Blank Canvas, Made For Me to Add the Colors" Goal: I am trying to add as many colors as I can to my life!

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

LOWE'S GETS A CHUNK OF OUR CHANGE !

Lowe's:
I hate going to Lowe's or Home Depot! It always costs us too much Money! I guess I should be happy though that Mike is talented enough to do all the work himself on our apartment. I know it would cost a lot more than just the supplies and lumber we're buying now. It cost us almost a hundred dollar bill by the time we got out of Lowe's today. All we bought today was 10 2x8x 10's and 2 boxes of nails! YIKES!!! Then we have to buy sheets of plywood for the floor, and pipes for the plumbing. We're planning on using the new laminate hard wood for the flooring. We won't be putting that down until I get the bead board for the walls painted. Mike hates to use and work with dry wall, although he can if he has to. I love bead board so that won't be a problem for him this time. We got home about 1:15 this afternoon, and Mike unloaded the wood while I did the dishes and finished up the spaghetti sauce and put it in the crockpot. When the apartment is done we'll have about 640 square feet of living space. After having lived the summer in the fiver that will seem huge to us. We haven't minded living in the fiver, in fact it is easy to keep clean, and a lot easier to take care of than the whole house was. So the apartment should also be easy to take care of since it will be a 1/4 the size of the main house. I'll keep ya posted on the apartment as things improve, and get finished.

Tonight:
Tonight I am going to listen to the debate and visit with my friends in the RV Dreams chat room. I will not be stating anything political on my blog, other than to say I think we need a change, and that I think that the terms should only be for 4 years with only one chance of re-election. No more chance of life long terms in the House or Senate, so things become the way they have today, and I don't think the House or Senate should be allowed to vote pay raises for them selves or their retirement. That's my opinion of all this and I approved this message! LOL! I hope to see many of you in the chatroom this evening, and I will see ya all then...

No comments: