About US

My photo
This the story of our journey, Into Something Good, going Somewhere Over the Rainbow, and trying to Hold Onto Our Dreams. How we got on the way to becoming HALF time RVers! Our Ford 350 super duty diesel truck is our horses, we call it the Beast . Our 2008 34'7" 3 slide Cedar Creek Silverback fifth wheel is our Prairie Schooner Wagon,we call it the Bear. Just like the first RVers, the Pioneers of Yesteryear traveling around the country searching for a rich full filling life! Come along with us for the ride and read about our triumphs and mishaps along the way! About to be Part time RVers in a Cedar Creek Silverback 2008, 34'7", 3 slide 5th wheel, which is our Prairie Schooner Wagon, and a 2006 Ford 350 super duty 1 ton diesel truck is our horses, or oxen, only we have to feed it diesel instead of grass, and oats, which costs a lot more! Retired Air Force empty nesters off to see the good ole USA! Favorite Quote: "Life is a Blank Canvas, Made For Me to Add the Colors" Goal: I am trying to add as many colors as I can to my life!

Friday, October 3, 2008

BUSY DAY AND WEDDING SHOWER

Here are the pictures of the little wooded trunk I painted.
Not bad for $5.99 huh?

Busy Day Yesterday:
After we got back yesterday, and got the fiver parked and set back up ( Mike got it in the drive on the 2nd try) we must be getting better with our signals to each other! LOL! Mike installed the new converter, which arrived while we were in Columbus for 2 days. It's a relief to know that everything again works, except for the Dirt Devil sweeper. We bought a small sweeper the other day so we're not too worried about getting the Dirt Devil fixed right now. We have other things we need to spend our money on to get the apartment finished. I have been collecting things (at garage sales and thrift shops) for the last 2 years to use in the apartment, but there are some things we still have to buy. We have to buy a kitchen sink, and a stove, and a shower. I have all the cabinets (which isn't many) that I can fit in the kitchen, and even the window. They will fit perfect in the kitchen for the 2 of us, and Mike will build me some shelves for the rest of the storage that we'll need. We have a sink and a camode for the bathroom, a mirror and baskets and shelves for storage. I'm also going to purge a bunch of things that haven't been used for the last year! We still have to buy the laminate flooring that we're going to use for the floor. Once Mike has the plumbing installed and the electric run most of the work will be hanging bead board and putting up a couple of walls, and painting everything. After that we can install the floor and start
setting things up. Pictures will come as the place takes shape.

Wedding Shower:
Last night was the bridal shower for Mariah. It was fun, and although I was a little late I still got there in time to play some cute games, and see her open her gifts! The way her Mom, Rhonda, and her sister, Julia set it up was really neat, and their ideas were really good. After the presents were opened, Mariah and her friends sat and talked in the living room and Julia, Rhonda and I sat and talked in the kitchen. The girls talked about the "batchlorette" party, and we talked about the menu for the reception, and the plans for the wedding! What a difference! I forgot to take my camera with me I was in such a hurry because I was late, and nothing seemed to be going right that I tried to do to get ready for the shower! I now have to get in gear, and get the bouquets done since the wedding is only a month away! Oh well, all the trials and tribulations are over until I am back here at my blog the next time...

1 comment:

Tumbleweed Dee said...

We're both getting ready for a wedding. Isn't it fun! Glad to see you in chat, hope you get back soon.