About US

My photo
This the story of our journey, Into Something Good, going Somewhere Over the Rainbow, and trying to Hold Onto Our Dreams. How we got on the way to becoming HALF time RVers! Our Ford 350 super duty diesel truck is our horses, we call it the Beast . Our 2008 34'7" 3 slide Cedar Creek Silverback fifth wheel is our Prairie Schooner Wagon,we call it the Bear. Just like the first RVers, the Pioneers of Yesteryear traveling around the country searching for a rich full filling life! Come along with us for the ride and read about our triumphs and mishaps along the way! About to be Part time RVers in a Cedar Creek Silverback 2008, 34'7", 3 slide 5th wheel, which is our Prairie Schooner Wagon, and a 2006 Ford 350 super duty 1 ton diesel truck is our horses, or oxen, only we have to feed it diesel instead of grass, and oats, which costs a lot more! Retired Air Force empty nesters off to see the good ole USA! Favorite Quote: "Life is a Blank Canvas, Made For Me to Add the Colors" Goal: I am trying to add as many colors as I can to my life!

Thursday, October 2, 2008

TO ALUM CREEK AND BACK

Not much color here in Ohio Yet - site A-1 at Alum Creek

I thought these cloud formations were neat!


Our site at Alum Creek

Alum Creek and Back:
We got home at about 12:30 p.m. today. (Thursday) I loved the cloud formations along the way and back. Our site was completely wooded. We weren't able to get a site where we could get wifi, because they were having a fall festival at the park. Lots of the campsites were all decorated for Halloween and they had a contest going on for the best decorated site. Sorry I didn't get any pictures of the decorated sites. It was very chilly the 2 days that we were there, so we didn't go out and about very much. We forgot to take jackets and shoes with us. All we had were sandals and short sleeved shirts. We did remember to take some jeans with us, but we just about froze! It was actually very cold in the mornings. I guess fall has arrived, and I'm still cold! I don't know if I'll make it until December 26th here in Ohio or not.
We went to see Sunny the macaw, and Cooper the cockatoo, while we were in Columbus. I clipped their wings, and then clipped Sunny's toenails for them. Sunny was a big baby, and squawked like I was killing him. They still knew who we were, and seemed glad to see us until they saw the toenail clippers that is! LOL! They have a very good home and I'm glad that I gave Linda and Frank the chance to have them. In fact they have it really good there, and are going to be quite spoiled. We'll probably go back and see them whenever we are in the Columbus area. It is good to see them happy and well taken care of. Well I think that will be it for today, I'll see you all in the RV Dreams chat room tonite so until then...

1 comment:

Donna162 said...

When you mentioned the other birds in your post today, it made me think of Paco (don't know if I spelled that right) at the RV-Dreams Rally. Would love to see a picture of him.

Sounds like you guys are having a good time. We plan to take off for TN in a couple of weeks. Can't wait, Donna