About US

My photo
This the story of our journey, Into Something Good, going Somewhere Over the Rainbow, and trying to Hold Onto Our Dreams. How we got on the way to becoming HALF time RVers! Our Ford 350 super duty diesel truck is our horses, we call it the Beast . Our 2008 34'7" 3 slide Cedar Creek Silverback fifth wheel is our Prairie Schooner Wagon,we call it the Bear. Just like the first RVers, the Pioneers of Yesteryear traveling around the country searching for a rich full filling life! Come along with us for the ride and read about our triumphs and mishaps along the way! About to be Part time RVers in a Cedar Creek Silverback 2008, 34'7", 3 slide 5th wheel, which is our Prairie Schooner Wagon, and a 2006 Ford 350 super duty 1 ton diesel truck is our horses, or oxen, only we have to feed it diesel instead of grass, and oats, which costs a lot more! Retired Air Force empty nesters off to see the good ole USA! Favorite Quote: "Life is a Blank Canvas, Made For Me to Add the Colors" Goal: I am trying to add as many colors as I can to my life!

Saturday, July 12, 2008

I'VE GOT THAT TRAVEL ITCH !!

Ho HUM:
Not much has happened since I last posted. In fact our lives have been very BORING!!! I kept Kara all night, and of course she wanted to sleep in the fiver! Then yesterday I watched Autumn, and Tehya at their house. After I got home, I spent time getting caught up on every one's blogs, and not writing on my own blog. So, I'm sorry if ya looked and I hadn't updated my blog. That's what happened through Friday. Today so far it looks like it's going to be stormy most of the day, and I wanted to get my blog done in case the electricity goes out again. Before you ask, NO, I haven't got the oil lamps yet either, but then I haven't been to the store yet, so there's still hope for me! LOL!

Scratching That Itch:
It's no wonder that I'm ready to get back on the road! With things being so boring here, maybe it's just because I've been cooped up in the house because of my allergies. I'm slowly starting to feel better every day, and I check the pollen levels before I even step foot out the door. That is a mistake I'm not willing to repeat for awhile. If I didn't have a doctor's appointment on the 17th we would already be at my brother's or at a state park! Then of course, we have to be at Mike's Moms until the 22nd. On the 23rd we're on our way to Hershey, and Lancaster, PA. According to the weather I saw last night, it's supposed to be a beautiful week here in Ohio, so it sure gave me that travel itch. I've found out since we've had the fiver, that even just going to a state park is an adventure! December 26th is our full time date, so I'll have to be satisfied with short trips every month until then!

More Stuff to Move:
I have still got all kinds of things to be packed away from the living room. It's one room that we haven't even started on. Today we have to rearrange our bedroom here in the stix house to get my sewing table and sewing machines in there. With our son buying the house, we will still have our bedroom, and the garage area whenever we are home for our use. Just in case we can't travel, we'll have a small apartment in the 2 car garage, so we'll be prepared if one of us gets sick or we have to hang up our keys after a while. The garage is big enough to have a small kitchen, dining room, bathroom, and living room, and our bedroom is right behind the garage so all we have to do is make a doorway between the two. We won't even need to go in the house for anything, and we'll have our own entrance too. So that's how it works out on paper, may get more interesting when we start remodeling it! LOL! So that's it for today, see ya's in the RV Dreams chatroom tonight!

No comments: