About US

My photo
This the story of our journey, Into Something Good, going Somewhere Over the Rainbow, and trying to Hold Onto Our Dreams. How we got on the way to becoming HALF time RVers! Our Ford 350 super duty diesel truck is our horses, we call it the Beast . Our 2008 34'7" 3 slide Cedar Creek Silverback fifth wheel is our Prairie Schooner Wagon,we call it the Bear. Just like the first RVers, the Pioneers of Yesteryear traveling around the country searching for a rich full filling life! Come along with us for the ride and read about our triumphs and mishaps along the way! About to be Part time RVers in a Cedar Creek Silverback 2008, 34'7", 3 slide 5th wheel, which is our Prairie Schooner Wagon, and a 2006 Ford 350 super duty 1 ton diesel truck is our horses, or oxen, only we have to feed it diesel instead of grass, and oats, which costs a lot more! Retired Air Force empty nesters off to see the good ole USA! Favorite Quote: "Life is a Blank Canvas, Made For Me to Add the Colors" Goal: I am trying to add as many colors as I can to my life!

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

HOT, MUGGY, and STORMY - NO ELECTRIC !!!

Yesterday:
Wow, I was sure glad that we had AC yesterday! Especially since I couldn't go outside because of my allergies. Then yesterday, late afternoon it got really muggy, or humid, I guess you could say. About 5 p.m. it started to storm and about 5:30 our power went off! The lightening hit a transformer, so no electric, or internet for the rest of the evening! The power finally came back on about 10:15 p.m. By that time we were in bed, but I did get to read for a little while before I turned off the light. Every single time that happens I swear, well not too much, haha, that's another story, but anyway I say I am going to get some of the oil lamps and lamp oil for just those times when the electric goes out! Do I ever do it ? NOT!!! So anyway, it got me thinking about the people of yesteryear, before they had electricity. What would they have done when it got dark ? They probably went to bed, which explains how we all eventually got here in this world! Haha! Well, I did light some candles, but that didn't give off much light, plus it made it alot warmer in the bedroom. Mike said it looked like a wake, when I got all the candles lit! There still wasn't enough light to read my book by.

Since we are going to Hershey, and Lancaster, Pa it also got me thinking about the Amish we're going to see in Amish country. What do they do ? I know that they probably have oil lamps or some form of light, and I imagine that they go to bed very early since they get up very early also. BUT, what did the pioneers do besides use candles. Could we, as a very spoiled consumer get along, or live without electricity ? First off, NO internet! YIKES!! No microwaves, TV's , cable, washer's,dryers, for some hot water unless you have a gas hot water heater,some telephones, and how would we charge those stupid little cell phones we all have ? What would you do ? Could Mike and I live without electricity, I wonder, and I kind of doubt it! At least not life as we know it! I don't know if I would even want to try. Anyway that was my thoughts while we didn't have any electricity last night, and I couldn't get into the RV Dreams chat room ! So I was really glad when the electric was fixed!

The rain at least washed the pollen out of the air, so at least I'm not going to be stuck inside all the time now. I'll just have to keep looking at the pollen count for our area everyday at the weather channel. com, before I go outside for an extended period. Catch ya all tomorrow if I don't see ya in the RV Dreams chat room tonight!


No comments: