About US

My photo
This the story of our journey, Into Something Good, going Somewhere Over the Rainbow, and trying to Hold Onto Our Dreams. How we got on the way to becoming HALF time RVers! Our Ford 350 super duty diesel truck is our horses, we call it the Beast . Our 2008 34'7" 3 slide Cedar Creek Silverback fifth wheel is our Prairie Schooner Wagon,we call it the Bear. Just like the first RVers, the Pioneers of Yesteryear traveling around the country searching for a rich full filling life! Come along with us for the ride and read about our triumphs and mishaps along the way! About to be Part time RVers in a Cedar Creek Silverback 2008, 34'7", 3 slide 5th wheel, which is our Prairie Schooner Wagon, and a 2006 Ford 350 super duty 1 ton diesel truck is our horses, or oxen, only we have to feed it diesel instead of grass, and oats, which costs a lot more! Retired Air Force empty nesters off to see the good ole USA! Favorite Quote: "Life is a Blank Canvas, Made For Me to Add the Colors" Goal: I am trying to add as many colors as I can to my life!

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Shopping

Wednesday:
On Wednesday we went to Sam's. We were out of all the things that I buy in bulk, and needed to replace them. We spent quite a bit of time in Sam's. Mike found some nice towels and wash cloths for the fiver. I thought we got out of Sam's pretty cheaply. We don't go very often, and I love the big containers of spices, so I usually stock up on them when I go. I have small jars that I can put in the 5er, so I have spices, but it doesn't take up as much space as the huge jars. It also leaves spices at home for Gary to use when he cooks too. Since Sam's and Walmart are right beside each other, we also ended up there. All of the flowers on the outside patio were calling my name! I was "just looking" when all of a sudden I found myself with 6 hyacinth in my cart! How did that happen? I made a hasty retreat, because I could hear the pansy's calling my name too!! Man, buying spring flowers is going to be a hard habit to break! At least the hyacinth are bulbs, so I can replant them.

Thursday, Today:
Mike had to go to the base (WPAFB) for his prescription, so I had him drop me off at my favorite thrift store. I knew that would give me time to walk through and look at things without being rushed. I found a few things I liked, and enjoyed being able to just walk around looking to my hearts content. See for me it's not about buying things, but I can look for hours, and enjoy it if I'm allowed to. Mike hates walking around a thrift store, or going to garage sales with me. He says I take forever, and most of the time I don't buy anything, so it's a waste of time! I like looking at all the things, that Mike calls "junk". All the old furniture, and kitchen things, and nick knacks inspire me , and I enjoy imagining what I would do with them if I had them.

Informational Tidbit:
By the way, did you know that the hyacinth is part of the lilac family? They smell very similar too! Lilacs are my very favorite flower! Years ago, several hundred as a matter of fact, lilacs were called "blue pipes". I remember reading this in a book about Scotland and Ireland, but I can't remember which country they orriginated in. Like I said, lilacs have been my favorite flower, since I was old enough to have a favorite. I can't tell you how many perfect bunches that I pressed in books. I cannot wait until the lilacs are blooming, I will be filling my house and the fiver with vases of them, so I can smell them all the time! Funny how a flower that blooms such a short time, can have such an effect on me! Must be the romantic in me coming out!

No comments: