About US

My photo
This the story of our journey, Into Something Good, going Somewhere Over the Rainbow, and trying to Hold Onto Our Dreams. How we got on the way to becoming HALF time RVers! Our Ford 350 super duty diesel truck is our horses, we call it the Beast . Our 2008 34'7" 3 slide Cedar Creek Silverback fifth wheel is our Prairie Schooner Wagon,we call it the Bear. Just like the first RVers, the Pioneers of Yesteryear traveling around the country searching for a rich full filling life! Come along with us for the ride and read about our triumphs and mishaps along the way! About to be Part time RVers in a Cedar Creek Silverback 2008, 34'7", 3 slide 5th wheel, which is our Prairie Schooner Wagon, and a 2006 Ford 350 super duty 1 ton diesel truck is our horses, or oxen, only we have to feed it diesel instead of grass, and oats, which costs a lot more! Retired Air Force empty nesters off to see the good ole USA! Favorite Quote: "Life is a Blank Canvas, Made For Me to Add the Colors" Goal: I am trying to add as many colors as I can to my life!

Monday, April 14, 2008

HOME!!!!

Home:
We're finally home! We were really glad we waited an extra day to come home. The sun was out today, and we had a good uneventful 2 hour drive home. Mike again got the fiver in the drive way, for those of you who are keeping score! Our flowers are coming up, and our forsythia's are blooming like crazy! They're a really bright yellow, even more brilliant than usual. What a difference a week & 1/2 makes! We have day lilies up about an inch & 1/2, and the tulips are ready to bloom. It is still kinda cold here, and after yesterday's All Points Bulletin on Spring, it's still missing!

House:
My house is trashed! There are 2 sinks full of dishes in the kitchen, and enough dog hair laying on the floor to make another DOG! I have already told our Son if I come home again, and it looks like this, we'll just stay in the fiver, in the drive way, until it's cleaned up again. I'll clean it up this time, BUT it is the last time!

Dogs:
The dogs were overjoyed to see us again, and now Dutchess is back to following me all over the house. When I get up, so does she! The next time we go somewhere, I will take her, and see how she does. I know I'll never be able to leave here for more than 2 weeks. So she'll have to be a good traveler.

Birds:
When I walked in the door today the birds all said "Hi" about 20 times and Jake (yellow nape amazon) said "Hi Baby, What cha doing" They have been talking lots since we got home.

Life is good! We had alot of fun this past week & 1/2, even if we were only staying in my Brother's drive way! We got comfortable with the fiver systems , and can't wait to take it out again! It was a great and most excellent adventure

Happy Monday Everyone !


1 comment:

Tumbleweed Dee said...

Congratulations on getting back home. Now when are you going out again? It's time to go for good, have fun!
Dee