About US

My photo
This the story of our journey, Into Something Good, going Somewhere Over the Rainbow, and trying to Hold Onto Our Dreams. How we got on the way to becoming HALF time RVers! Our Ford 350 super duty diesel truck is our horses, we call it the Beast . Our 2008 34'7" 3 slide Cedar Creek Silverback fifth wheel is our Prairie Schooner Wagon,we call it the Bear. Just like the first RVers, the Pioneers of Yesteryear traveling around the country searching for a rich full filling life! Come along with us for the ride and read about our triumphs and mishaps along the way! About to be Part time RVers in a Cedar Creek Silverback 2008, 34'7", 3 slide 5th wheel, which is our Prairie Schooner Wagon, and a 2006 Ford 350 super duty 1 ton diesel truck is our horses, or oxen, only we have to feed it diesel instead of grass, and oats, which costs a lot more! Retired Air Force empty nesters off to see the good ole USA! Favorite Quote: "Life is a Blank Canvas, Made For Me to Add the Colors" Goal: I am trying to add as many colors as I can to my life!

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

BUSY DAY

Today:
Today I have been cleaning out kitchen cabinets, and trying to figure out what to pack and put in the garage. Most of my blue sponge ware dishes are going to be packed away, until we get our apartment in the garage done. We have a 2 car garage with our bedroom on the back. Our bedroom measures 14' x 22', so we could use some of that if we need to. I don't think we will need to though, because all we need in the apartment is a kitchen, bathroom, and living room. We already have water in the garage, because there used to be a beauty shop in there before we bought the house. We will only use the garage apartment when we are home, so it won't need to be too fancy. We will even have our own entrance. I have alot of things to pack and curtains to be taken down, because my son, and his fiance want to put up their own.

May:
May will be a busy month for us. We are going to have a garage sale and hopefully sell lots of stuff. There are a few things I want to get for the 5er, but I can't justify spending the money, unless I make it selling stuff at the garage sale! So I will have to get everything ready for that, and also I have to finish packing up most of the living room and the other bedroom. So it's unlikely we will be taking any trips in the 5er in May.

Thursday:
Tomorrow, we will be going to Alum Creek State Campground in Columbus, Ohio. It will be our first experience in a state park with the fiver. They are supposed to have wifi in the park, so we'll have our first experience with that too. We will probably come away ready to get a phone card set up or something for internet use. So we'll have 2 firsts this week. Other than that not too much has happened in the last 2 days. The weather has been really nice, but I won't own up to saying that, cos it might get cold again!!! Haha ! Have a great Wednesday Everybody!

No comments: