About US

My photo
This the story of our journey, Into Something Good, going Somewhere Over the Rainbow, and trying to Hold Onto Our Dreams. How we got on the way to becoming HALF time RVers! Our Ford 350 super duty diesel truck is our horses, we call it the Beast . Our 2008 34'7" 3 slide Cedar Creek Silverback fifth wheel is our Prairie Schooner Wagon,we call it the Bear. Just like the first RVers, the Pioneers of Yesteryear traveling around the country searching for a rich full filling life! Come along with us for the ride and read about our triumphs and mishaps along the way! About to be Part time RVers in a Cedar Creek Silverback 2008, 34'7", 3 slide 5th wheel, which is our Prairie Schooner Wagon, and a 2006 Ford 350 super duty 1 ton diesel truck is our horses, or oxen, only we have to feed it diesel instead of grass, and oats, which costs a lot more! Retired Air Force empty nesters off to see the good ole USA! Favorite Quote: "Life is a Blank Canvas, Made For Me to Add the Colors" Goal: I am trying to add as many colors as I can to my life!

Friday, April 25, 2008

ALUM CREEK STATE CAMPGROUND-OHIO

ALUM CREEK STATE PARK:
We arrived at Alum Creek Park at around 2p.m. It is a nice state park with about 290 sites with a max 35' RV length limit. So we just made it at 34'5". A lot of the sites are wooded and some have blooming red bud trees, right now anyway, and some others that I don't know the name of. It is a very serene and peaceful place right now, no kids at the playground. LOL! Just kidding the playground is a couple roads away. there is one drawback here though, no water hook ups at the sites, which was something we kinda took for granted. Our big surprise for the trip! I guess we were used to staying at a private campground,so we have no water on board! That's one thing were going to have to check out before we leave home! We could have filled our tank with water before we left. So another thing to check and add to our growing lists of before trip things! At least we're right next to the shower house and restroom!

State Park Camping -101:
An adventure in futility is what I'm calling it! Well it's funny now anyway! We got a list of sites available and took off to find our camping spot. I say camping, lightly because in no way are we roughing it with this huge fiver, except for the water. LOL! We get backed in, and unhooked and set up. When I say set up, I'm talking slides out, leveled out, chocks under the tires, and awning out! Then Mike gets into the truck to go to the office to register, he looks down at the sites and comes back and tells me we set up on a reserved site! Haha! Now I wasn't real happy about undoing everything and hooking the fiver back up, but we did.

We found another spot, and once again got everything set up. Mike went to the office to register, while I stayed at the 5er, and opened windows. Pretty soon, Mike came back, and said you're not going to like this! We have to move again! He was right, I didn't like it one bit! The girl at the office didn't circle the ones that were reserved for the weekend! If we stayed in that spot, we would have had to move this morning, and Mike didn't want to do that. So again we took everything down and pulled the awning and slides in, and I got in the truck. This time the girl in the office circled the sites that were available!

We found our present site, and Miked backed in, and we moved the picnic table so we could get the slide out. We unhooked from the truck, and Mike started to get things out of the back of the truck. I said STOP!! Lesson learned the hard way! LOL! We're not doing anything until we're registered this time! So we drove back to the office, and there was no problem with this site! Finally we get back to the site, and get things set up. The slides out, the 5er leveled, and the awning out. If we would have had to manually do the awning each time we moved, I think I would have screamed! The automatic awnings are wonderful! You just push a button, and out they go! The only reason we have one of those, is that our fiver came with alot of extras. It was made as a promotional model, otherwise we would not have one! So if it breaks it will probably cost us a bundle to fix!

Needless to say, we certainly got our exercise yesterday! Then after all that it was about 5p.m. We had a sandwich and called it quits! Then I couldn't get connected to the internet so I spent the evening playing Mah Jong which is installed on the computer. Mike couldn't get the satalite TV set up either, so he spent the evening watching shows he'd taped on the DVR. So to all my friends in the RV Dreams chat room, I missed ya! Betcha can't guess where I'll be tonite! Haha!

Mike is still trying to get the TV to work, so I guess we'll have to get one of the meters that shows him where to aim the satilite dish. Was fun doing the dishes today, having to carry water from the rest room, but at least I can get hot and cold!

We're going to just have a relaxing day for the rest of the day!
Only we could have an adventure like this! I'll bet the other campers had tons of laughs thanks to us yesterday! Wasn't it good of us to provide so much entertainment in the park?! LOL!!!

2 comments:

Speedy said...

Sassy...had that been me Sherri would have ran me out of the park with a hammer! You must be really laid back...

Speedy

Tumbleweed Dee said...

What a day! We're learning from you guys, don't setup till your sure. I've put it on my List.
Dee