About US

My photo
This the story of our journey, Into Something Good, going Somewhere Over the Rainbow, and trying to Hold Onto Our Dreams. How we got on the way to becoming HALF time RVers! Our Ford 350 super duty diesel truck is our horses, we call it the Beast . Our 2008 34'7" 3 slide Cedar Creek Silverback fifth wheel is our Prairie Schooner Wagon,we call it the Bear. Just like the first RVers, the Pioneers of Yesteryear traveling around the country searching for a rich full filling life! Come along with us for the ride and read about our triumphs and mishaps along the way! About to be Part time RVers in a Cedar Creek Silverback 2008, 34'7", 3 slide 5th wheel, which is our Prairie Schooner Wagon, and a 2006 Ford 350 super duty 1 ton diesel truck is our horses, or oxen, only we have to feed it diesel instead of grass, and oats, which costs a lot more! Retired Air Force empty nesters off to see the good ole USA! Favorite Quote: "Life is a Blank Canvas, Made For Me to Add the Colors" Goal: I am trying to add as many colors as I can to my life!

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

More Rain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rain:
   We had a big downpour this afternoon about 3:00 p.m. We had thunder and lightening and the electric was off for about 20 to 30 minutes.  We didn't have the bad stuff like the people up north got. It sounded pretty bad. Mike just told me that there is NO rain predicted for the next 10 days. I wonder how accurate that will end up being? I'm beginning to think we live in the tropics, we seem to be getting rain every afternoon. Lol!
I saw a pic on FB tonight that had 2 cats under an umbrella, the caption said, "Noah called, he'll be picking us up in 10 minutes" I thought that was cute!!! It seems like that's how much rain we have been getting here though. Do ya think someone should start building an ark?

Doctor Appointment:
   I had an appointment to get my prescriptions renewed today, so off we went with Autumn and Tehya in tow. My Doctor has  been reassigned to a new base, so I have to wait for a new one to be assigned to me, or I can request one if I know their name. Gosh, the pharmacy at Wright Patterson Air Force Base was packed, and we didn't get out of there for about an hour. Poor girls, had to wait all that time. They were good though, they shared, and took turns with their Game Boy, and my Kindle. So at least they kept themselves occupied with a few minimal little spats, you know how it is with siblings! Lol! One minute they love each other, and the next they can't stand each other. Lol!

Tomorrow:
   We are going to take 2 of our parrots to a day care tomorrow, to show the kids. They are interested in learning about them and their care. I will try to get some pictures of the birds and the kids. Our Amazon parrot Jake will be in his travel cage, and Paco, our Mollucan cockatoo will be on a T stand. Paco the kids will be able to pet, but Jake doesn't like to be handled by strangers. I hope Jake will at least be a good boy and talk for the kids. So wish us luck! We have to clip Paco's wings and toenails this evening, but we can usually just hold him instead of wrapping him in a towel like we have to do with the Amazon. Jake tends to resent it and he will bite! Amazons tend to be like grumpy old men, if they don't like something they let you know or they bite you! Pretty much if you have an Amazon parrot you can expect to be bitten at any given time. It's just their nature. Most times Jake just wants to play though and doesn't bite hard, with us anyway. I wouldn't trust him with kids though. Paco is a big baby though and loves attention and being petted.

All:
   Well I think that is gonna be all for tonight! I have to get the dogs in their crates so we can get the birds ready to go in the morning. I'll  be seein' ya's...






No comments: