About US

My photo
This the story of our journey, Into Something Good, going Somewhere Over the Rainbow, and trying to Hold Onto Our Dreams. How we got on the way to becoming HALF time RVers! Our Ford 350 super duty diesel truck is our horses, we call it the Beast . Our 2008 34'7" 3 slide Cedar Creek Silverback fifth wheel is our Prairie Schooner Wagon,we call it the Bear. Just like the first RVers, the Pioneers of Yesteryear traveling around the country searching for a rich full filling life! Come along with us for the ride and read about our triumphs and mishaps along the way! About to be Part time RVers in a Cedar Creek Silverback 2008, 34'7", 3 slide 5th wheel, which is our Prairie Schooner Wagon, and a 2006 Ford 350 super duty 1 ton diesel truck is our horses, or oxen, only we have to feed it diesel instead of grass, and oats, which costs a lot more! Retired Air Force empty nesters off to see the good ole USA! Favorite Quote: "Life is a Blank Canvas, Made For Me to Add the Colors" Goal: I am trying to add as many colors as I can to my life!

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Thursday / Sorry No Blog Yesterday

Yesterday:
   Yesterday was a bad day, and I just want to forget about it.  Maybe one of these days when I can get my mind around it, I 'll tell ya about it. After I heal, and I am not so emotional about it. I will say that sometimes words hurt more than being hit physically but... I will heal, and get over this, I refuse to do otherwise! 
Sometimes when I write a post, it turns out that I was the one that needed to hear what I wrote the most. Somehow those words always end up connecting with something I am going through a few days later. Okay you can imagine the Twilight Zone theme playing  here! Do do do do etc.. Lol!  It is weird, but it has happened more than once!  So now that's all I have to say about that, 'nuff said!

Thursday:
   Today is going a little better than yesterday did, and the healing has begun, and will continue.  I am going to get my hair blow dried and flat ironed. That always puts me in a good mood. After all, the wedding is this Saturday, I just hope I can dodge the raindrops until then! I will have to leave in a half hour, so I will likely finish this post when I get back.

Foot Blurb:
   By Tuesday evening I had, had enough of that stupid surgical shoe, so I took it off, and just wrapped my foot in the ace bandage, and went barefoot. Boy did that feel better! I have no pain, and the Doc did say to let pain be your guide so that is what I's going to do. Yesterday I pretty much went barefoot the whole day with no problems at all. Today since I have to go out I am going to wear my Crocs, I don't expect any problems, since I've worn them all morning. Well time for me to go so I will finish when I get back.
 

Now:
   I am back, did ya miss me? Lol! Got my hair did, and boy do I feel better now. Notice, I didn't say that I look better, haha.  I may not look better, (hehe) but I feel better when my hair is smooth, and not all bushy & kinky. Today has been overcast with lots of clouds, and a bit of rain showers every little bit.  I want to put my houseplants out this weekend, so I hope I can get them out in between the showers they are forecasting. It has been staying it the 60's for about the last 4 nights. So I will check the forecast one more time this evening, and then maybe tomorrow or Saturday they can go out. The Grand Girls only have about 2 weeks of school left now, and they are looking forward to going camping with us in June.  They love going to Indian Lake state park. Their Dad's pretty much grew up there every summer. Of course, we had a spot in a private campground during those years, so we always had a spot, and didn't have to make reservations then. The littlest one, Charli has not yet been camping.  I hope this summer to be able to take her with us. she is 2 1/2 right now, and we still have to take lots of stuff with us for her. Unfortunately 3 extra is all the fiver will hold. No matter how big an RV is, it gets really small with dogs, kids, and all of their stuff, especially if it is raining. So we will have to do separate trips, at least until she is potty trained. Well I think I have rambled on enough for today so I'll see ya's next time...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Especially girls that have to take half a house with them (as in my kids, I can't speak for Kara, lol but I am sure it's about the same with her).