About US

My photo
This the story of our journey, Into Something Good, going Somewhere Over the Rainbow, and trying to Hold Onto Our Dreams. How we got on the way to becoming HALF time RVers! Our Ford 350 super duty diesel truck is our horses, we call it the Beast . Our 2008 34'7" 3 slide Cedar Creek Silverback fifth wheel is our Prairie Schooner Wagon,we call it the Bear. Just like the first RVers, the Pioneers of Yesteryear traveling around the country searching for a rich full filling life! Come along with us for the ride and read about our triumphs and mishaps along the way! About to be Part time RVers in a Cedar Creek Silverback 2008, 34'7", 3 slide 5th wheel, which is our Prairie Schooner Wagon, and a 2006 Ford 350 super duty 1 ton diesel truck is our horses, or oxen, only we have to feed it diesel instead of grass, and oats, which costs a lot more! Retired Air Force empty nesters off to see the good ole USA! Favorite Quote: "Life is a Blank Canvas, Made For Me to Add the Colors" Goal: I am trying to add as many colors as I can to my life!

Monday, May 13, 2013

Our Reservations Have Been Confirmed!

Reservations:
   We have two reservations to report! Yippee! The first is on June 7th! We are going to a wedding in Columbus, Ohio, so we're going to go to Alum Creek State Park the 6th through the 9th of June. This will be the first time we take our 2 fur kids with us in the fiver, if we don't get earlier reservations somewhere else. This should make for some good campground comedy for all the other campers! Lol! Mike has several doctor appointments so this may be our first time.  Our other reservation will be starting the 10th of June at Indian Lake State Park. We are going to take 3 of our Grand Daughters camping. They love going to Indian Lake every year! This was one of the only times we could fit it into every body's schedules. So we will be doing these back to back, also with the dogs! This will really be pushing them, and us with new experiences! I hope we all survive! Then we want to take the youngest, Charli, 2 and a half, for a few days too! It will be her first camping trip ever! We just don't have room to do all the kids at once, and the dogs too, or the energy!

Weather:
   How bout this weather? I think it kind of stinks! I can't ever remember having to wear a fleece jacket during the day on the 13th of May, and I wasn't too hot! This is more like Fall weather to me! My allergies are going crazy now, even though it is cold here, well maybe not real cold during the day but we did have frost warnings last night! It didn't make it into the 60's today though.  Supposed to be in the 80's by Wednesday, with thunder storms! Then may have rain for almost a week if they (weather forecasters) don't change the forecast! Let's hope the rain disappears before it gets here, or maybe it would be better to get it, and have it over with before we head out in June. 

Fiver:
   Reservations mean we have to get busy on the fiver. It hasn't been dewinterized, yet, is that a word? It doesn't look right to me, but anyway lots to do before the end of May. So if it is nice you can guess where, and what we'll be doing. I'll be cleaning the inside of the trailer, and Mike and Jamie will be getting the hitch back into the back of the Beast, as well as washing both the Beast and the Bear(fiver). Tomorrow, I have to go try on a couple of dresses in the fiver, cos  it is the only place that we have a full length mirror, and I can see which one I want to wear. I probably won't want to wear either one, cos I haven't worn a dress since 2008! LOL! I hate getting dressed up, but Katie's wedding is on Saturday so I gotta see what I'm going to do. I will have to make an exception, this year because we have 2 weddings to go to.  Then I think there is a graduation party in there somewhere too, but I don't have to dress up for that it's just casual. Oops, I kinda got off track a bit there, back to the fiver, I need to get all the stuff put back in the fiver that I took out last fall that wouldn't winter over. Then It has to be dusted, bed changed, fridge wiped out etc... if you Rv then I'm sure you know the drill. If ya don't Rv then the best way I can explain it is that you have to clean and keep clean 2 houses.

Foot Blurb:
   I haven't said much about my foot lately, aren't ya glad? Hehe! That is because there is not much to report. Most of the swelling is down, and it only swells if I am on it too much, and it is the same with the pain, except if I step wrong. The only aggravation I have is that my darn foot has peeled 3 times, and is still peeling! Gross it is! I also can't wait until the 30th of May when I see the Doc, and I can begin wearing my walking shoes. I am over this dog gone surgical shoe that doesn't bend, it is hard to walk in it! Okay, so now ya are up to date on the foot blurb, aren't ya glad? Well then again, maybe not, Haha!

Nightie, Night:
   Time for me to head to my bed! I am tired because I walked up the street and back, plus I did a few other things today. So until tomorrow...

No comments: