About US

My photo
This the story of our journey, Into Something Good, going Somewhere Over the Rainbow, and trying to Hold Onto Our Dreams. How we got on the way to becoming HALF time RVers! Our Ford 350 super duty diesel truck is our horses, we call it the Beast . Our 2008 34'7" 3 slide Cedar Creek Silverback fifth wheel is our Prairie Schooner Wagon,we call it the Bear. Just like the first RVers, the Pioneers of Yesteryear traveling around the country searching for a rich full filling life! Come along with us for the ride and read about our triumphs and mishaps along the way! About to be Part time RVers in a Cedar Creek Silverback 2008, 34'7", 3 slide 5th wheel, which is our Prairie Schooner Wagon, and a 2006 Ford 350 super duty 1 ton diesel truck is our horses, or oxen, only we have to feed it diesel instead of grass, and oats, which costs a lot more! Retired Air Force empty nesters off to see the good ole USA! Favorite Quote: "Life is a Blank Canvas, Made For Me to Add the Colors" Goal: I am trying to add as many colors as I can to my life!

Thursday, May 23, 2013

Brrrrr It's Getting Chilly!!!!!!!!

Thursday Evening:
   Well I knew they were forecasting for it to get rather chilly, they were right! I have a T-shirt, jeans, and socks on now, after having shorts, T-shirt and no shoes on. It is now down to 56 degrees, and while that is not freezing it ain't good! It is cloudy and windy with the winds at 15 mph. Tonight is is supposed to get down to 41 degrees. I hate this kind of weather!  I'm kinda glad that this weekend I'm not a camper of any kind, so I guess that makes me a fair weather camper. Lol! We have spent a few weeks in the fiver when it was cold and rainy, it wasn't too bad, but then again we didn't have the dogs then. It was just me and Mike, so we didn't have to go out when it was raining. I imagine I'll have to get a poncho so I can take the dogs out for a walk as long as it is just raining. I certainly won't be going out walking if it is storming!

Bouquet:
   I got a good start on Heather's keepsake bouquet today in the fiver. I am taking pics as I go, so I will post them when I am done. That is if I can remember how again! Every time I want to post a picture, it takes me forever to do it. I guess I don't do it often enough for it to sink into my thick head so I can remember the steps. It makes me so mad when I forget how to do something like that. I won't get to work on it much tomorrow, until afternoon, because I will have Charli from 5:45 a.m. until around 1:00 p.m. By then I just might need a nap! Haha! No, I really can't take a nap, cos I won't sleep at night if I do. I have never been able to sleep during the day except if I am sick. So I don't even try anymore.

Poison Ivy Update:
   I now have several places in my face that are blistered and some on the back of my neck, as well as the whole front of my neck. There is also the patch on the inside of my elbow joint, and the ones on my hands, and some on my knees. I am almost sure that it is from smoke from a  big bon fire we saw over the weekend now. That is the only way I can think that I got this much. I started taking my prednasone last night, so I hope that will start to help with the itch and the swelling. I thought if I take it before bed, that maybe I won't be get so hungry. Prednasone always makes me want to eat everything in sight, so it is certainly not good for a diet! So wish me luck I'm definitely going to need it! Meanwhile, this itching is driving me crazy !

Foot Blurb:
   My foot is doing quite well I think. It isn't swelling like it was and I don't have too much pain when walking on it unless I step on it wrong. I go back to the doctor on May 30th, and I expect him to lift most of my restrictions. One restriction he won't lift is wearing flip flops!  He says that is the worst thing for your feet ever invented!  I will miss them this summer! He told me wearing them between your big toe, and the next toe makes your big toe move toward the other toe, because it has to grip the whole sandal there to keep it on. So if you don't have a bunion it can cause one to form if you wear them all the time. Also they are bad for the arches in your foot, no support, in especially the thin flat ones. I'm going to ask him what I can wear besides tennis shoes, when it is hot outside. Tennis shoes get really hot, and make your feet all sweaty, so I don't want to wear them all summer long.

Earlier Start:
   I am going to have to get an earlier start on my posting! Here it is  after 9:00 p.m. and I am just finishing up. I'd much rather write it in the afternoon. Then it is done and off my mind for the rest of the evening. It is hard coming up with stuff to say if you wait until the last minute. I will end this post as I began it now, complaining about the weather! It Is Getting Chilly, it is now down to 52 degrees, can it really drop another 11 degrees tonight? I hope not, but it will probably be close! As for Ohio, it thinks it's fall instead of late Spring! I wish you warm gentle breezes where ever you are!
Until next time...

No comments: