About US

My photo
This the story of our journey, Into Something Good, going Somewhere Over the Rainbow, and trying to Hold Onto Our Dreams. How we got on the way to becoming HALF time RVers! Our Ford 350 super duty diesel truck is our horses, we call it the Beast . Our 2008 34'7" 3 slide Cedar Creek Silverback fifth wheel is our Prairie Schooner Wagon,we call it the Bear. Just like the first RVers, the Pioneers of Yesteryear traveling around the country searching for a rich full filling life! Come along with us for the ride and read about our triumphs and mishaps along the way! About to be Part time RVers in a Cedar Creek Silverback 2008, 34'7", 3 slide 5th wheel, which is our Prairie Schooner Wagon, and a 2006 Ford 350 super duty 1 ton diesel truck is our horses, or oxen, only we have to feed it diesel instead of grass, and oats, which costs a lot more! Retired Air Force empty nesters off to see the good ole USA! Favorite Quote: "Life is a Blank Canvas, Made For Me to Add the Colors" Goal: I am trying to add as many colors as I can to my life!

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

FEELING BETTER

Just a Little Bit Better:
Today is better than yesterday and I hope tomorrow will be better yet. I am starting to get antsy so that is a good sign. Usually when that happens and I start feeling like I want to get up and do something, I know that I am on the mend. So that's good! At least now I can do the dishes which have been piling up with me out of commission. To get them cleaned up will make me feel even better. Mike still has a sore throat, but thankfully no other symptoms. We're keeping our fingers crossed that is all it is.

Tomorrow:
Mike's birthday is tomorrow so HAPPY BIRTHDAY MIKE!!!! I wish we were somewhere warm to celebrate, although it is supposed to be 50 degrees here in Ohio tomorrow. I hope to be somewhere on the gulf soaking up some rays next year, and just be home for the summer! I sure hope Mike is feeling lots better for his birthday.

Plants:
All of my plants could sure use some sun, and today is a beautiful sunny day. We don't have any windows in the apartment right now and we won't until spring. Right now it is too cold to put them in. When we were in the house my dining room was a haven for my plants, because one wall is windows and sliding glass doors. So even on cold sunny days, my plants got lots of sun and looked really good! Also they were really easy to water because most of them were in one room, and now they are all spread out over the apartment. Well that isn't a huge area but it does take a while to water them, and my big ficus tree is still in the house in the dining room. It's a good thing that the kids never use the dining room to eat dinner. They eat dinner in the living room. When our kids were at home we always sat down and ate dinner together so it seems funny to me that they eat in the living room now. Maybe once Gary and Mariah have kids that will change like it did with Corey and Julia. Funny how things like that come back to you after ya have kids. Mike and I are just the opposite now we eat in the living room in our chairs. Of course we don't have our table in the apartment right now because it would just be in the way until we are done in here.

Wherever:
I hope this finds all of you happy, healthy, wherever you are and whatever you are doing. Those of us who are not on the road quite yet to full timing envy your lifestyle and we cannot wait to try it out for ourselves! Please all of you travel safe and we'll see ya down the road... or Over a Rainbow or Two ...




3 comments:

Tumbleweed Dee said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MIKE!! I hope to see you guys on the road before your next birthday!

Leno said...

Happy Birthday to Mike..
Feel better both of you..

A couple of newer paintings 2019 said...

Happy Birthday Mike! Too bad you're stuck in the cold!