About US

My photo
This the story of our journey, Into Something Good, going Somewhere Over the Rainbow, and trying to Hold Onto Our Dreams. How we got on the way to becoming HALF time RVers! Our Ford 350 super duty diesel truck is our horses, we call it the Beast . Our 2008 34'7" 3 slide Cedar Creek Silverback fifth wheel is our Prairie Schooner Wagon,we call it the Bear. Just like the first RVers, the Pioneers of Yesteryear traveling around the country searching for a rich full filling life! Come along with us for the ride and read about our triumphs and mishaps along the way! About to be Part time RVers in a Cedar Creek Silverback 2008, 34'7", 3 slide 5th wheel, which is our Prairie Schooner Wagon, and a 2006 Ford 350 super duty 1 ton diesel truck is our horses, or oxen, only we have to feed it diesel instead of grass, and oats, which costs a lot more! Retired Air Force empty nesters off to see the good ole USA! Favorite Quote: "Life is a Blank Canvas, Made For Me to Add the Colors" Goal: I am trying to add as many colors as I can to my life!

Thursday, February 26, 2009

BUSY THURSDAY LINED UP

Thursday:
Today Mike has an early Dr appointment, and then he has to pick up our prescriptions. So he may be gone awhile this morning. This afternoon I have a hair appointment at one. So we'll be running today. I also have to get things ready because this weekend is a girls weekend for me. I am going to a Peter Noone/Herman's Hermits concert in Findlay, Ohio with some girlfriends. It will be a fun light hearted weekend. So I will meet one of my friends from Cincinnati at an I75 north exit McDonald's and then we'll go from there. So no Grand Daughters this weekend, it's time for Grammy to have some fun! We always have a good time when we go to these concerts and we spend the night in a hotel. It's really fun getting together with other members of the Peter Noone Fan Club.

Fiver:
Today we are also going to open up the fiver, because we need to get some things out of it. I don't know if we'll leave the slides out, I kind of doubt it since we'll have at least one more month of bad weather for sure up here in Ohio. We thought that today would be a good day to open up the fiver because it's around 55 degrees today, but it may rain. I have to admit I miss being in the fiver, and can't wait to get out and use it again. Even if it's just for 3 or 4 days it would be nice! I am ready to go "somewhere, anywhere" In fact we have been discussing maybe taking a longer trip in May, but nothing is on paper yet, so that's all I'll say because I don't want to jinx it! If and when we get things down on paper and a committment then I'll tell ya all about it. So we'll just have to wait a bit longer to see how things work out.

Mike:
As I said above Mike is at the doctors for his check up. We spent a very quiet evening yesterday for Mike's Birthday, but that was the way he wanted it, since he still wasn't feeling real good. He did get calls from the Grand Girls wishing him Happy Birthday! Thanks for all the Birthday greetings and comments! Since he is feeling better today I may make him some cupcakes this evening. It was really weird not having anyone over, and not having even a cake. Instead he ate some pumpkin pudding that I had made over the weekend because it felt good on his throat. I think he is feeling a little bit better today! I am certainly feeling a lot better, so I hope nothing else pops up the rest of the winter for either one of us. I'm tired of my allergies making me sick this winter, so I have had enough of that for the rest of the year.

Chores:
Yesterday I got the dishes done, and out of the way, and today I'm going to do some wash, and get that out of the way. So I'll close now, because I'm off to throw some clothes in the washer and then I'm going to jump in the shower and get that over with so I can get my day going. On days that we end up running around we don't get much done in the apartment, and since we weren't feeling well over the weekend not much was done either, so I'd like to get a few things done today. I want to be ready for the weekend mini trip, then tomorrow I can paint and not have to worry about packing my suitcase for my overnight trip. So I'm off until next time Friends...

No comments: