About US

My photo
This the story of our journey, Into Something Good, going Somewhere Over the Rainbow, and trying to Hold Onto Our Dreams. How we got on the way to becoming HALF time RVers! Our Ford 350 super duty diesel truck is our horses, we call it the Beast . Our 2008 34'7" 3 slide Cedar Creek Silverback fifth wheel is our Prairie Schooner Wagon,we call it the Bear. Just like the first RVers, the Pioneers of Yesteryear traveling around the country searching for a rich full filling life! Come along with us for the ride and read about our triumphs and mishaps along the way! About to be Part time RVers in a Cedar Creek Silverback 2008, 34'7", 3 slide 5th wheel, which is our Prairie Schooner Wagon, and a 2006 Ford 350 super duty 1 ton diesel truck is our horses, or oxen, only we have to feed it diesel instead of grass, and oats, which costs a lot more! Retired Air Force empty nesters off to see the good ole USA! Favorite Quote: "Life is a Blank Canvas, Made For Me to Add the Colors" Goal: I am trying to add as many colors as I can to my life!

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

SNOW SNOW GO AWAY !!!!!

White Stuff:
White stuff is falling from the sky! YUCK!!!! Here in Ohio, between Dayton and Springfield we have great big fat flakes of the stuff coming down! Not something I am happy about because I had planned to go to the local thrift shop today. I usually stop in there about once a month, just to see what they have. I like to collect old time cooking utensils, and things of that nature, which don't take up too much room. Anyway the white stuff is sticking to the ground, but we're only supposed to get about an inch. So I may still get to go to the thrift shop this afternoon. I also buy used sheets there, so I can cover the bird cages at night. We go through quite a few of those because Paco and Jake like to chew on them. Once they get big holes chewed in them we have to use another one, so it's nice that they're cheap at the thrift store.

Painting:
Walls that is not pictures! LOL! I actually have one wall painted in the apartment now. We'll be moving my buffet and little china cupboard in here today or tomorrow. Getting that done will make me feel like things are starting to take shape in our little apartment (or in law suite) if ya want to call it that, since we're connected to the main house. We still have to go into the main house to shower and stuff of that nature, and to let the dogs out the back door right now. The bathroom sink should be connected today, and the shower maybe by this weekend.
I have to say I miss living in the fiver, because everything was contained, and had it's own place! One of these days I guess the apartment will be finished and everything will be in it's own place, but right now all the boxes and clutter are starting to drive me crazy! We have so many boxes of stuff in our bedroom, that we only have a path around the bed, and to the doors. I can't unpack the boxes, or downsize them until I see what we need for the apartment. Then the rest I can take to the thrift store, of maybe have a yard sale this summer. Well it's time to get busy, so we'll see what tomorrow holds for us and see ya then...

1 comment:

Speedy said...

Sherri and I know what you mean about clutter. We went throug that for years before the house sold. Things are getting better now that we are getting the non essentials out and the basics in. Life is good.

Joe and Sherri