About US

My photo
This the story of our journey, Into Something Good, going Somewhere Over the Rainbow, and trying to Hold Onto Our Dreams. How we got on the way to becoming HALF time RVers! Our Ford 350 super duty diesel truck is our horses, we call it the Beast . Our 2008 34'7" 3 slide Cedar Creek Silverback fifth wheel is our Prairie Schooner Wagon,we call it the Bear. Just like the first RVers, the Pioneers of Yesteryear traveling around the country searching for a rich full filling life! Come along with us for the ride and read about our triumphs and mishaps along the way! About to be Part time RVers in a Cedar Creek Silverback 2008, 34'7", 3 slide 5th wheel, which is our Prairie Schooner Wagon, and a 2006 Ford 350 super duty 1 ton diesel truck is our horses, or oxen, only we have to feed it diesel instead of grass, and oats, which costs a lot more! Retired Air Force empty nesters off to see the good ole USA! Favorite Quote: "Life is a Blank Canvas, Made For Me to Add the Colors" Goal: I am trying to add as many colors as I can to my life!

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

WEDNESDAY DEC 3rd

Wednesday:
Not much going on this week here in Ohio. We both have Dr's appointments tomorrow so we won't get much work done on the apartment. Mike is just about done roughing in the plumbing for the bathroom. It sure is great that Mike knows how to do all this, and he is saving us a ton of money! We are still using the refrigerator in the fiver, and a drawer in Gary's refrigerator until we get one this weekend. Our friend, Sue is giving us one to use, I'll have to sand it and spray paint it, but otherwise it works fine, and it is just the right size for the apartment. It has been kind of a pain running out to the fiver when we need something that is refrigerated. So we put the items that we use most everyday in the drawer of Gary's refrigerator to save a few trips out to the fiver. If fact straddling between the apartment and the fiver is a real pain. I have been getting things organized in the apartment the last few days. I will be relieved when we get water in here so I don't have to lug the dishes into the kitchen in the house to do them. Needless to say we are using lots of paper plates and I am cooking with the microwave, crock pot, and toaster oven. It's kind of like camping without some of the luxuries of our fiver. I think we can manage it for a few more weeks though. We should have the bathroom done by next weekend at the latest, and a sink in the kitchen will be next on the agenda. We have the cabinet for the sink just need to buy the sink.

Christmas Shopping:
I ordered most of the things that I was getting the Grand Girls online last week, so that is taken care of. I just have some stocking stuffers, and gift cards and I will be done. I don't know if we'll set up a tree or not, because Mike needs room to work, and that would take up alot of room here in the apartment. I may just use my grapevine tree that has lights on it, and it can sit on the end table, and that's enough Christmas for us this year. Our big present is the fiver sitting in the driveway anyway!!! Well I'd best end this until tomorrow, so until then..

No comments: