About US

My photo
This the story of our journey, Into Something Good, going Somewhere Over the Rainbow, and trying to Hold Onto Our Dreams. How we got on the way to becoming HALF time RVers! Our Ford 350 super duty diesel truck is our horses, we call it the Beast . Our 2008 34'7" 3 slide Cedar Creek Silverback fifth wheel is our Prairie Schooner Wagon,we call it the Bear. Just like the first RVers, the Pioneers of Yesteryear traveling around the country searching for a rich full filling life! Come along with us for the ride and read about our triumphs and mishaps along the way! About to be Part time RVers in a Cedar Creek Silverback 2008, 34'7", 3 slide 5th wheel, which is our Prairie Schooner Wagon, and a 2006 Ford 350 super duty 1 ton diesel truck is our horses, or oxen, only we have to feed it diesel instead of grass, and oats, which costs a lot more! Retired Air Force empty nesters off to see the good ole USA! Favorite Quote: "Life is a Blank Canvas, Made For Me to Add the Colors" Goal: I am trying to add as many colors as I can to my life!

Friday, December 5, 2008

THIS N' THAT

A bit of everything:
Today I am going to be working in the kitchen in the house. I in a fit of brilliance, ( Ha ha ) several years ago put some old platters up around the soffitt in the kitchen with construction adhesive. Not dreaming that we would ever sell the house to Gary, now I need to take them down without breaking them! The platters are old and I used them for an accent in my country decorating. They looked good up there and I will probably use them in the apartment if I can get them down in one piece. Only this time I will use extra large plate hangers if I'm able to use them. I will be really sad if they break when I try to take them down. So that's job number 1.

Number 2:
I am going to make some ham salad for lunches for the next few days, with a boneless ham I had in the freezer. My food processor makes quick work out of it, So I'll probably do this job first, even though it's listed as number 2.

Sons:
Gary and Corey work for the same sheet metal company, and their Christmas party is tonite. So far the company that they work for is steady, and they are both working mandatory overtime, and we're hoping that it continues. So we are probably having Autumn and Tehya for a sleepover , as they call it, tonite. I have some crafts that we can do, and I hope I'll be able to keep them busy until bedtime. Papa will have to make plenty of his iced tea for them. Only trouble is one likes it plain, and one likes it with lemon so he has to make both. I stocked up on apples and bananas for them, so I think we will have everything under control and be ready for a fun time with the girls. I will take then home after breakfast in the morning, because they like to ride in Papa's big truck! Jamie and Kara are now settled into their new apartment and Kara will start her new school on Monday. Wow, now all Jamie has to do is find a job using his degree! We're certainly keeping our fingers crossed on that one! Who knows the way the economy is right now. He isn't going to quit working at Cici's Pizza until he has another job though.

Leave Date:
We have pushed back our heading south date until February. I need to have some medical tests done before we go and it may take a while to get them scheduled, with the holiday's right around the corner, and my Doctor won't release me until I get them done, so I guess I'll have to suck it up and quit fighting with them and do the stupid tests! Don't ya hate when stuff like that gets in the way of your plans? Oh well better safe than sorry, I guess! Well that's it for today so have a great weekend and take care...

No comments: