About US

My photo
This the story of our journey, Into Something Good, going Somewhere Over the Rainbow, and trying to Hold Onto Our Dreams. How we got on the way to becoming HALF time RVers! Our Ford 350 super duty diesel truck is our horses, we call it the Beast . Our 2008 34'7" 3 slide Cedar Creek Silverback fifth wheel is our Prairie Schooner Wagon,we call it the Bear. Just like the first RVers, the Pioneers of Yesteryear traveling around the country searching for a rich full filling life! Come along with us for the ride and read about our triumphs and mishaps along the way! About to be Part time RVers in a Cedar Creek Silverback 2008, 34'7", 3 slide 5th wheel, which is our Prairie Schooner Wagon, and a 2006 Ford 350 super duty 1 ton diesel truck is our horses, or oxen, only we have to feed it diesel instead of grass, and oats, which costs a lot more! Retired Air Force empty nesters off to see the good ole USA! Favorite Quote: "Life is a Blank Canvas, Made For Me to Add the Colors" Goal: I am trying to add as many colors as I can to my life!

Sunday, December 21, 2008

SUNDAY'S MISCELLANEOUS THOUGHTS

Miscellaneous Thoughts:
What would you do with a 9 year old for 3 days? I finally gave up after she grew bored with the computer, and relented and let her watch the Disney channel. Kara seems to have a short attention span right now. Wonder why? I think all kids do this time of year! Anyway, I or should I say we are on Disney meltdown! I don't know how kids can watch that stuff hour after hour! I know, I know too much TV but it's kind of hard to send a kid outside to play when it's only 12 degrees outside, with a wind chill, (yes I said wind chill) temp of only 2 degrees! The low is only supposed to be around -8 degrees tonight! LOL( not)!!! That's terrible, and it's not funny either!! Anyway back on track, see my mind is so numb I can't even stay on track about what I am writing about! Some of those shows that I saw are the reason people say TV is the cause of the dumbing of America. What's that, you say, but it was Disney! So it was, but it sure didn't appeal to us! Nearly drove us crazy!!!! Of course my CSI shows would not appeal to kids either. Disney must really appeal to the kids though or they wouldn't have so many shows on that are hits. At least it was better than the alternative, which was the cartoon network, and dare I say Sponge Bob Square Pants! Now there is a show that I refuse to let my Grand Children watch. It is an insult to what intelligence that I have left! Okay, now I should get down off my soapbox before I fall. Anyway those are my thoughts on that subject, and I claim them.

After all the TV and a few Christmas shows, and lots of playing on the computer, I was really beat, and Papa wasn't feeling so hot either. I sure hope we will sleep better tonight. It's nice that the bed in the fiver is only a queen, because then none of the Grand Kids can sleep with us. In the apartment we have a king size bed and there is room for someone to sleep between us and the king size bed seems to be getting smaller and smaller. In the fiver, the Grand Kids have to sleep on the sofa, because it pulls out into a bed, and we get to sleep by ourselves upstairs. See I have a hard time looking into those sweet little faces of our Grand Daughters and telling them "NO" on some things! In the fiver I don't have a choice and they know it. They are very smart and catch on to things very fast! They don't even ask to sleep with us in our bed, in the fiver. I hate to make a promise to one of them if I can't keep it! In fact I won't promise if I can't make it happen. It has always been that way for me, when I did day care, I never promised something if I couldn't deliver, that's one thing kids don't forget about, and I would never betray a child's trust like that. Well that's two thoughts I've had today. Maybe I'd better quit while I'm ahead! LOL!

I love to have the Grand kids come and visit, but I enjoy the peace and quiet when they go home, until I start missing them, again that is. Well I hope you all had a great weekend wherever you are. I wish you warmth, because it is so bitterly cold here in Ohio! I cannot wait to go south for the rest of the winter! Even my electric warming throw didn't keep me warm today! It feels like the wind is blowing about 40 miles per hour tonight, and that makes the apartment really cold! Well I'll say Ta Ta until next time...


No comments: