About US

My photo
This the story of our journey, Into Something Good, going Somewhere Over the Rainbow, and trying to Hold Onto Our Dreams. How we got on the way to becoming HALF time RVers! Our Ford 350 super duty diesel truck is our horses, we call it the Beast . Our 2008 34'7" 3 slide Cedar Creek Silverback fifth wheel is our Prairie Schooner Wagon,we call it the Bear. Just like the first RVers, the Pioneers of Yesteryear traveling around the country searching for a rich full filling life! Come along with us for the ride and read about our triumphs and mishaps along the way! About to be Part time RVers in a Cedar Creek Silverback 2008, 34'7", 3 slide 5th wheel, which is our Prairie Schooner Wagon, and a 2006 Ford 350 super duty 1 ton diesel truck is our horses, or oxen, only we have to feed it diesel instead of grass, and oats, which costs a lot more! Retired Air Force empty nesters off to see the good ole USA! Favorite Quote: "Life is a Blank Canvas, Made For Me to Add the Colors" Goal: I am trying to add as many colors as I can to my life!

Friday, December 12, 2008

2 BUSY DAYS

Busy Days Times 2:
Thursday we went to a new home improvement store in our area called Mennards. It's like Lowes and Home Depot combined in one place, it's that huge! We found and bought our shower, and a kitchen sink, plus a new kitchen faucet for the apartment. This is what we used the check that Mike's Mom sent us for Christmas. Thanks Mom!!! Boy did that help us out, now when we get payed we can use our money for other things that we need for the apartment. I got the wallpaper today for behind the sink, so all I have to do is put that up and Mike can install the sink, and then presto, we have a fully usable half bath. at least until we get the shower installed! Then we'll have a whole bathroom! We've decided to get a used stacked washer/dryer and put it in the bathroom too. Why you ask, when we have plans to go full time? Well it's like this, should something happen, or when we decide we're ready to hang up our keys, we have a place to go, and we plan on being here part of the summer when the Grand Girls are out of school. I imagine we'll travel more next year, but should something happen we won't have to worry about a place to stay. Having lived in the fiver all spring and summer of this year, we have found out that we don't need a whole lot of square footage to live in. So that's why it makes sense for us to have an apartment in what used to be our 2 car garage. That way we will be here to help Gary out and get everything in order for the inspection for the loan when we finalize the sale. Plus having the fiver we don't have to do all the apartment at once. The new wood floors will be the last thing we put down, after all the papering, and painting has been done. We have all summer to work on it, when we want to that is. So that was yesterday.

Today, Friday:
Like I said above, I went to get the wallpaper today, and I chose light houses to go on the wall behind the sink. I love light houses, and I hope to be able to visit lots of them this coming year. I also have lots of light house pictures. Anyway the wallpaper is coated so it won't show water spots, and they won't soak through. I also made a little side trip to Michael's craft store, and I found some needles that have a collapsible eye that go through even the smallest of beads! All the needles that I had would not go through half the beads that I am using to make a necklace. I sure hope these work, so I can get this necklace finished. Well that's it for today, and tomorrow will find me wrapping presents, and finishing cleaning the refrigerator we got. So I hope ya all have a great night, and an even better weekend. I wish you all warm weather! It's darn cold here in Ohio! Until tomorrow...

No comments: