About US

My photo
This the story of our journey, Into Something Good, going Somewhere Over the Rainbow, and trying to Hold Onto Our Dreams. How we got on the way to becoming HALF time RVers! Our Ford 350 super duty diesel truck is our horses, we call it the Beast . Our 2008 34'7" 3 slide Cedar Creek Silverback fifth wheel is our Prairie Schooner Wagon,we call it the Bear. Just like the first RVers, the Pioneers of Yesteryear traveling around the country searching for a rich full filling life! Come along with us for the ride and read about our triumphs and mishaps along the way! About to be Part time RVers in a Cedar Creek Silverback 2008, 34'7", 3 slide 5th wheel, which is our Prairie Schooner Wagon, and a 2006 Ford 350 super duty 1 ton diesel truck is our horses, or oxen, only we have to feed it diesel instead of grass, and oats, which costs a lot more! Retired Air Force empty nesters off to see the good ole USA! Favorite Quote: "Life is a Blank Canvas, Made For Me to Add the Colors" Goal: I am trying to add as many colors as I can to my life!

Friday, August 8, 2008

GUESS WHAT ?????

Hi Everyone:
We have been busy finding out about warranties the last few days. So if you have a new motor home, fiver, or whatever please listen up! We have found out that power surges are not covered under them for a start. Our insurance will cover all of our damage, BUT we have that wonderful $ 500.00 deductable! I think we're going to be eating a lot of macaroni and cheese and hot dogs for the next month! We will have to invest in one of the power surge protectors for the fiver, also, and they aren't cheap! They cost about $300.00 ! YIKES we are already into, I know you guys can add, but $ 800.00 ! It's a good thing that we'll be here at my brother's house in Circleville for most of the month of August, with no rent or we'd be up the proverbial creek without the paddle! They are going to a motorcycle rally at the end of the month, so we'll be house sitting for them. We have a great spot behind the house, with water, electric,and internet sometimes in the trailer, or we can get it in their garage if we take the laptop over there when we can't get it in the trailer. Plus this way I get to see my Mom about every other day. Well I know that this is short, and not too sweet, but I want to get this posted. To all my friends in chat, I'll try to be there tonite to see ya, so until then.....

2 comments:

Speedy said...

Bummer! to say the least! Yes I would invest in one of those. Can you insure it. If you burn it up that is $300 bucks shot. How much is it going to cost to fix what burned up???

Sherri and Joe

LakeConroePenny,TX said...

Oh, No, what a shame ! Howard, and others, are always saying to have surge protectors. I was told to have one here at the house, so I do. I hope that too much stuff isn't ruined.
Great, you will be able to spend some time with your Mom.
Hope to see you in chat, Happy Trails, Penny, TX