About US

My photo
This the story of our journey, Into Something Good, going Somewhere Over the Rainbow, and trying to Hold Onto Our Dreams. How we got on the way to becoming HALF time RVers! Our Ford 350 super duty diesel truck is our horses, we call it the Beast . Our 2008 34'7" 3 slide Cedar Creek Silverback fifth wheel is our Prairie Schooner Wagon,we call it the Bear. Just like the first RVers, the Pioneers of Yesteryear traveling around the country searching for a rich full filling life! Come along with us for the ride and read about our triumphs and mishaps along the way! About to be Part time RVers in a Cedar Creek Silverback 2008, 34'7", 3 slide 5th wheel, which is our Prairie Schooner Wagon, and a 2006 Ford 350 super duty 1 ton diesel truck is our horses, or oxen, only we have to feed it diesel instead of grass, and oats, which costs a lot more! Retired Air Force empty nesters off to see the good ole USA! Favorite Quote: "Life is a Blank Canvas, Made For Me to Add the Colors" Goal: I am trying to add as many colors as I can to my life!

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

STORMS/ SEWING ROOM

Storms:
Last night we were hammered all night with thunder storms! So I gave Dutchess her medicine before we went to bed, she slept until 2:30a.m. From then on I was up with her. I gave her more medicine at 3:00a.m. I don't think it ever took effect. At 5:00a.m. I got up and took her out to the living room. Finally at about 8a.m. she went to sleep, and it took 20 minutes for her breathing to settle down after she went to sleep! I went back to bed for a couple of hours when she settled down.

Sewing Room:
After I got up and had my tea, I attacked the sewing room. I got alot done in the sewing room. Only about half of the stuff remains now. I'm going to try to finish up on Friday. Then my sewing tables can be moved. Once that happens it will be pretty much empty. It is getting easier to go in there everyday, and I am less overwhelmed with it than I was. Most of my material for quilting will go into storage in my closet, with all of my yarn. I threw lots of old paint and crafts away today. What I kept was things that my Granddaughters could do when we take them camping.

Shopping:
Late this afternoon I went shopping with my friend. She was looking for a new bedspread for her bedroom, that would go with the new wall color she chose when we painted. We found a comforter that was perfect at Kmart of all places! It looks great! I told her that I am real good at helping someone else spend their money! LOL! We had fun anyway and, she can't wait to get the room finished now. When we come back from Branson, I will repaint the trim for her, because the color is too dark. I really like to paint and I think it's fun! On the other hand Sue hates to paint, so it worked out great.

Chat Room:
I will spend some time in the RV Dreams chat room this evening to top off my day. The excitement is running high about the RV Dreams Rally, and those of us who are going just can't wait to start traveling! I imagine the ones who aren't going are getting tired of hearing about it though!

1 comment:

Speedy said...

Well they could have gone. We will have soooo many stories to tell on chat...they will have to live through that too. Oh well too bad so sad.

Joe and Sherri