About US

My photo
This the story of our journey, Into Something Good, going Somewhere Over the Rainbow, and trying to Hold Onto Our Dreams. How we got on the way to becoming HALF time RVers! Our Ford 350 super duty diesel truck is our horses, we call it the Beast . Our 2008 34'7" 3 slide Cedar Creek Silverback fifth wheel is our Prairie Schooner Wagon,we call it the Bear. Just like the first RVers, the Pioneers of Yesteryear traveling around the country searching for a rich full filling life! Come along with us for the ride and read about our triumphs and mishaps along the way! About to be Part time RVers in a Cedar Creek Silverback 2008, 34'7", 3 slide 5th wheel, which is our Prairie Schooner Wagon, and a 2006 Ford 350 super duty 1 ton diesel truck is our horses, or oxen, only we have to feed it diesel instead of grass, and oats, which costs a lot more! Retired Air Force empty nesters off to see the good ole USA! Favorite Quote: "Life is a Blank Canvas, Made For Me to Add the Colors" Goal: I am trying to add as many colors as I can to my life!

Thursday, March 27, 2008

SHOPPING FOR THE FIVER

Shopping:
Today we went looking for a few things for the 5er. We needed a mattress pad, and we we're looking for a 4inch memory foam topper for our bed. We didn't think to get the mattress upgrade so the mattress is not much good. We found the 4 inch memory foam topper at Walmart. We also got a mattress pad that is padded to add a little extra padding to the mattress. We also found a set of sheets for the queen bed, we are going from a king mattress in our house to a queen in the 5er. We had a queen bed in a park model trailer we had a few years ago, so we know it will be okay for us now. The mattress in the fiver is new, but you can feel every spring in it when you lay on it, and that just wouldn't do for Mike's back! Hopefully, this will help until we can invest in a new pillow top mattress. So when buying a new RV make sure you ask about the mattress, and don't make our mistake.

Dishes, and other accessories:
I was able to get a set of dishes that I wanted to use in the 5er. Mike doesn't like eating off paper plates all the time. I also got some of that shelf liner that keeps things from moving, while the rv is in motion. I really don't like the stuff, but it beats broken dishes, as I didn't find any of the unbreakable dishes I liked. I also got a small dish drainer to use. I don't have a lot of counter space in the kitchen, because we opted for a bigger living room, so as soon as I'm done washing the dishes, I'll probably dry them, and put them away anyway.
I still have to buy dish towels and things like that, but I have time to get them later. All those little homey touches are still needed, but we'll get there. Right now, the fiver looks so bare, and unlived in. Once I get things where I want them, I'll probably do a couple of small silk arrangements for some color on the table and the entertainment center.

Rain:
Today we had light misty rain most of the day. The temps were around 46 degrees.
Just a wet miserable day, that we decided to go shopping on!

Lastly I want to wish Gordon, Ontario a speedy recovery and get well soon. Both you and Sandra are in our thoughts and prayers!

No comments: