About US

My photo
This the story of our journey, Into Something Good, going Somewhere Over the Rainbow, and trying to Hold Onto Our Dreams. How we got on the way to becoming HALF time RVers! Our Ford 350 super duty diesel truck is our horses, we call it the Beast . Our 2008 34'7" 3 slide Cedar Creek Silverback fifth wheel is our Prairie Schooner Wagon,we call it the Bear. Just like the first RVers, the Pioneers of Yesteryear traveling around the country searching for a rich full filling life! Come along with us for the ride and read about our triumphs and mishaps along the way! About to be Part time RVers in a Cedar Creek Silverback 2008, 34'7", 3 slide 5th wheel, which is our Prairie Schooner Wagon, and a 2006 Ford 350 super duty 1 ton diesel truck is our horses, or oxen, only we have to feed it diesel instead of grass, and oats, which costs a lot more! Retired Air Force empty nesters off to see the good ole USA! Favorite Quote: "Life is a Blank Canvas, Made For Me to Add the Colors" Goal: I am trying to add as many colors as I can to my life!

Monday, March 10, 2008

MY PLANS OUT THE WINDOW!!!

Today none of the things I had planned went right! The only thing I did was watch Tehya, my Granddaughter. The rest of my plans went out the window! I had a list of things that I wanted from Walmart, and Mike felt like going so he drove us to Walmart. I managed to find all the things on my list, and we came home. After that I spent the rest of the afternoon playing with Tehya. We put a puzzle map of the United States together, and colored pictures in her coloring book. For a 4 year old I think she does really well, she can do the puzzle all by herself, and knows when you put a piece in the wrong place! Not bad for being 4 years old! Then again I may be just a wee bit the proud doting grandma too!

Mike did pretty well driving to Walmart, but got tired of walking after a little bit. He won't ride on one of the electric carts. I wish he would, but he used a cart to walk with instead. I had to use the electric carts when I had my knee replaced.
The only problem I ever had with them was rude people with shopping carts.
Maybe it's a man thing or something! Mike was glad to get back home, sit in his recliner, and get out of his back brace!

I am hopeful that I can get all the things I had planned to do today, done on tomorrow. I hate it when I don't get the things done that I wanted to for the day.
Perhaps, I will have to learn to be more flex-able with our full time life style. I put too much pressure on myself to get everything done I think I need to do. Sometimes I forget that I have more time to do things since I retired.

1 comment:

A couple of newer paintings 2019 said...

My fulltiming mantra is:

Always put off till tomorrow what you don't feel like doing today!

Works for me!