About US

My photo
This the story of our journey, Into Something Good, going Somewhere Over the Rainbow, and trying to Hold Onto Our Dreams. How we got on the way to becoming HALF time RVers! Our Ford 350 super duty diesel truck is our horses, we call it the Beast . Our 2008 34'7" 3 slide Cedar Creek Silverback fifth wheel is our Prairie Schooner Wagon,we call it the Bear. Just like the first RVers, the Pioneers of Yesteryear traveling around the country searching for a rich full filling life! Come along with us for the ride and read about our triumphs and mishaps along the way! About to be Part time RVers in a Cedar Creek Silverback 2008, 34'7", 3 slide 5th wheel, which is our Prairie Schooner Wagon, and a 2006 Ford 350 super duty 1 ton diesel truck is our horses, or oxen, only we have to feed it diesel instead of grass, and oats, which costs a lot more! Retired Air Force empty nesters off to see the good ole USA! Favorite Quote: "Life is a Blank Canvas, Made For Me to Add the Colors" Goal: I am trying to add as many colors as I can to my life!

Friday, March 7, 2008

MORE SNOW IS FORECAST !!!

In an email I received this poem, and I thought I'd repeat it here. The author is unknown, so I don't know who to give credit to. I thought it was cute, so here it is:

Ohio Winter Poem

It's winter in Ohio,
And the gentle breezes blow,
Seventy miles an hour,
At twenty-five below!

Oh, how I love Ohio,
When the snow's up to your butt.
You take a breath of winter,
And your nose freezes shut!

Yes, the weather here is wonderful,
So I guess I'll hang around.
I could never leave Ohio,
Cause I'm frozen to the ground!

Ha Ha! This is exactly how I feel, but you can bet, before the snow starts to blow next year, I'll be some place WARM!!!! We are only supposed to get about 12 inches of the white stuff! I really hope this is the last snow of the year, but I doubt it! I know we have gotten snow as late as April 3rd here! This is going to be a good weekend to hibernate, and read a good book or two! I'm so glad we don't have to go out in this mess. So, if I sound a little stir crazy in my blog the next few days, just know that I probably have a good case of cabin fever, and that will explain it all! I did manage to go to the store yesterday, so we will be fine for a couple of days. The snow has already started to drift, because of the wind blowing so hard.

This morning, when I let the dogs out, Hannah went crazy! She loves the snow and she started running with glee! She jumped over our other dog, Dutchess, and rolled in the snow. While Dutchess is like me and doesn't like the snow, it seems to invigorate Hannah! I'm sure the Dog Whisperer, would say that Hannah is in the Red Zone if he could see her! LOL! She loves to roll, run in, and eat the snow! I'm sure my other Son's dog , Sasha does not want to be in either. She is half Malamute, and half Husky. She would stay out all the time when there is snow, but when it's hot she wants to be inside in the air conditioning! So you know, that Hannah and Sasha are going to have a great weekend, while the rest of us freeze!!!

All kinds of business closings, and school closings are on the tv. Even Wright Patterson AFB dismissed early, and that doesn't happen very often! My Grandkids got out of school about two hours early today. They have already had so many closings because of ice this year, that they have to make up three days at the end of the year.

I have heard on the news that, we're not the only ones with bad weather. People all over the country have had storms, tornadoes, snow, and ice. This appears to be a major storm system! I hope everyone stays safe this weekend!


No comments: