About US

My photo
This the story of our journey, Into Something Good, going Somewhere Over the Rainbow, and trying to Hold Onto Our Dreams. How we got on the way to becoming HALF time RVers! Our Ford 350 super duty diesel truck is our horses, we call it the Beast . Our 2008 34'7" 3 slide Cedar Creek Silverback fifth wheel is our Prairie Schooner Wagon,we call it the Bear. Just like the first RVers, the Pioneers of Yesteryear traveling around the country searching for a rich full filling life! Come along with us for the ride and read about our triumphs and mishaps along the way! About to be Part time RVers in a Cedar Creek Silverback 2008, 34'7", 3 slide 5th wheel, which is our Prairie Schooner Wagon, and a 2006 Ford 350 super duty 1 ton diesel truck is our horses, or oxen, only we have to feed it diesel instead of grass, and oats, which costs a lot more! Retired Air Force empty nesters off to see the good ole USA! Favorite Quote: "Life is a Blank Canvas, Made For Me to Add the Colors" Goal: I am trying to add as many colors as I can to my life!

Monday, February 25, 2008

TAKING A BREAK!!!!!

Today I am taking a break from the hospital. I was over already once today and I will go back in a couple of hours. There is not much going on there with Mike today, so I figured I would give the dogs a break from being locked up in the pantry. Mike is very HAPPY to have finally gotten something to eat this afternoon after almost 7 days! He was starving, at least he thought he was! He managed to walk up and down the hall twice today and I'll get him to go once more when I get back to the hospital. That will make his doctors happy. We're still planning on Wednesday for him to come home, so keep those fingers crossed for us! He can't wait to get home and relax. You know ya can't get any sleep in a hospital! Always someone coming in and doing something to you.


There is still lots of things we need to buy before we pick up the 5er. Then it will be fun deciding how much "stuff" we need to put in the 5er. Right now we only have 2 plastic tubs to be put in, but that doesn't count the dishes, pots and pans, sheets ect... that we need to find places for too. It's a good thing we can order most of the things off the internet when Mike gets home. That way we don't have to go to the stores and tire Mike out until he builds up his strength again.

I'm getting quite used to driving and handling our big truck now! Mike going in the hospital has made me have to drive it more than I did before. So I now feel at ease driving it . That may not be the case when there is a big 35 foot fifth wheel attached to it! I am proud of being able to drive it in the snow and ice and not have any major problems! That was a major accomplishment as far as I am concerned!

No comments: