About US

My photo
This the story of our journey, Into Something Good, going Somewhere Over the Rainbow, and trying to Hold Onto Our Dreams. How we got on the way to becoming HALF time RVers! Our Ford 350 super duty diesel truck is our horses, we call it the Beast . Our 2008 34'7" 3 slide Cedar Creek Silverback fifth wheel is our Prairie Schooner Wagon,we call it the Bear. Just like the first RVers, the Pioneers of Yesteryear traveling around the country searching for a rich full filling life! Come along with us for the ride and read about our triumphs and mishaps along the way! About to be Part time RVers in a Cedar Creek Silverback 2008, 34'7", 3 slide 5th wheel, which is our Prairie Schooner Wagon, and a 2006 Ford 350 super duty 1 ton diesel truck is our horses, or oxen, only we have to feed it diesel instead of grass, and oats, which costs a lot more! Retired Air Force empty nesters off to see the good ole USA! Favorite Quote: "Life is a Blank Canvas, Made For Me to Add the Colors" Goal: I am trying to add as many colors as I can to my life!

Friday, February 29, 2008

NEW STICKER FOR TRUCK!

New Sticker:
This afternoon and $105.00 later our truck is legal again! Mike's birthday was on Monday, and our tag sticker was due to expire tomorrow. So we took a little drive and got a new sticker for the truck and now we are again legal until next February.
The next thing we have to do before we go pick up the 5er is get plates for it! So in the next 2 weeks we will get the plates for our 5th wheel. Wow, time is getting short and it won't be long before we pick it up from the dealer!

House Plants:
I am having a difficult time trying to figure out what to do with my house plants, when we go full time! The small ones I will probably be able to take with us. My weeping fig tree I will have to find someone to take it, because it is about 5 feet tall and is over 10 years old. It also is in a very big pot, and is extremely HEAVY! So with weight being a factor it is not an option to take it with me. Unfortunately it will die if I leave it here at the house, because my son would forget to water it. I always have my son take it outside for the summer on Memorial weekend.

Sad News:
Mike Smith of the British Invasion band, The Dave Clark 5 has passed away. He was 63 years old. He was to be inducted into the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame with the rest of the Dave Clark 5 in just 2 weeks. He had been confined to a wheel chair since 2003 after a fall left him paralyzed from the ribs down. Rest in Peace Mike Smith you will be missed.




No comments: