About US

My photo
This the story of our journey, Into Something Good, going Somewhere Over the Rainbow, and trying to Hold Onto Our Dreams. How we got on the way to becoming HALF time RVers! Our Ford 350 super duty diesel truck is our horses, we call it the Beast . Our 2008 34'7" 3 slide Cedar Creek Silverback fifth wheel is our Prairie Schooner Wagon,we call it the Bear. Just like the first RVers, the Pioneers of Yesteryear traveling around the country searching for a rich full filling life! Come along with us for the ride and read about our triumphs and mishaps along the way! About to be Part time RVers in a Cedar Creek Silverback 2008, 34'7", 3 slide 5th wheel, which is our Prairie Schooner Wagon, and a 2006 Ford 350 super duty 1 ton diesel truck is our horses, or oxen, only we have to feed it diesel instead of grass, and oats, which costs a lot more! Retired Air Force empty nesters off to see the good ole USA! Favorite Quote: "Life is a Blank Canvas, Made For Me to Add the Colors" Goal: I am trying to add as many colors as I can to my life!

Friday, August 2, 2013

Home Tomorrow!

Home Tomorrow:
   Well it has been a nice relaxing week, and it is off to home tomorrow we go! We really haven't done all that much except sit around and catch up on our reading. The weather has been cool, rainy, and not very conducive to sitting outside most of the days we have been here. However, that has been okay with us. The first 2 days I don't think we even left the fiver, we were that tired. The sun seems to be peeking out today so maybe we'll be able to sit outside for a while this afternoon. I'm sure that will please the dogs, they get bored sitting in the trailer all day. They have still been very good this camping trip though!

Weird Weather:
   This has been a really weird week weather wise.  I don't think it got out of the 70's up here all week. I'm talking low 70's too. We may have got to sit outside about 3 days of the 7 we were here. The rest of the time it was rainy or windy with a chill in the air. It was 64 degrees this am, and it was supposed to get down to 58 degrees last night. All I know is I woke up at around 5 a.m. and I was freezing. So guess who turned the furnace on? In August?!?! I would never have believed that if someone else had told me it would be cool enough on the 2nd of August to run the furnace in the early morning! I left thermostat on 65, and it still came on a few times before I got up at 8:30 a.m. and I never did go back to sleep. I just laid there and played games on my Kindle. Would of been nice if I could have went back to sleep. This has been the most mixed up Spring and Summer that I ever remember, as far as the weather is concerned. Makes me wonder what Fall and Winter are gonna be like, and I am not looking forward to either one if this Summer is anything to go by!

Ready to Roll:
   Well it is time for me to get the inside of the fiver ready to roll, so I'd best get at it. For all you non RVers, that means I have to make sure everything is stowed away so nothing moves around while we are moving down the road.  One time we forgot to strap the door on our little extra fridge and when we got to the campground the door was open and all the stuff from the fridge was all over the floor! So we have learned by experience, and some of them are not good experiences either! So I'll be seein' ya's...

   

No comments: