About US

My photo
This the story of our journey, Into Something Good, going Somewhere Over the Rainbow, and trying to Hold Onto Our Dreams. How we got on the way to becoming HALF time RVers! Our Ford 350 super duty diesel truck is our horses, we call it the Beast . Our 2008 34'7" 3 slide Cedar Creek Silverback fifth wheel is our Prairie Schooner Wagon,we call it the Bear. Just like the first RVers, the Pioneers of Yesteryear traveling around the country searching for a rich full filling life! Come along with us for the ride and read about our triumphs and mishaps along the way! About to be Part time RVers in a Cedar Creek Silverback 2008, 34'7", 3 slide 5th wheel, which is our Prairie Schooner Wagon, and a 2006 Ford 350 super duty 1 ton diesel truck is our horses, or oxen, only we have to feed it diesel instead of grass, and oats, which costs a lot more! Retired Air Force empty nesters off to see the good ole USA! Favorite Quote: "Life is a Blank Canvas, Made For Me to Add the Colors" Goal: I am trying to add as many colors as I can to my life!

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Doc Visit / Animal Hotel?

Doc Visit:
   I got the stitches out of my foot! Now, my foot kinda looks  like something chewed on it. Lol! It is all black and blue, and you can see the scar, which isn't as bad as I thought it would be. I had xrays taken on it, and the Doc called and told me to come in on Friday at 8:40 a.m. and he would take the pin out! He didn't want to take the pin out when I was there, so the only thing I can think of, is that he didn't like the fact that it got numb when I hit it. He said the xray looked good. So it will be interesting to find out on Friday why he changed his mind. I hope I will not regret wanting the pin out. I don't know how bad it will be to get it taken out. The stitches stung a bit, and some of them were way down in my skin. He had to use a magnifying glass to find them. Okay, that is enough for my foot blurb.

Animal Hotel?
   Geez, I feel like we're running an animal hotel! Somehow, we have had a family of raccoon's living up in our attic!  We had been hearing noises from up there for a couple of weeks. Gary (our youngest Son) went up there to check it out, he couldn't see anything in the attic. When he went outside to look on the roof he saw two raccoons up there. He went to Lowe's and got a live trap on Saturday. He caught Mama yesterday, and a  older baby today. He then took mama on Sunday, and the baby today, and released them over by the river. I am beginning to wonder if someone hung a vacancy sign out on on our eaves! First 2 pair of nesting birds, then a mouse, and now raccoons!  If we get a partridge in a pear tree I will give up, and hold up the white flag of surrender! I think the wildlife has it in for us or something! Gary said the attic is a mess, lots of stuff broken, like Christmas decorations etc...  I am sure that will be fun to clean up! NOT!!!  He thinks he found out where they got in under the eave of the house. So as soon as we see if there is anymore little critters to be caught, the hole will be fixed. I hope that will take care of the vacancy sign! We have lived here since 1978, and never had raccoons  in the attic before! I think we have had our share of wildlife the last month. Now,I hope we don't have any  repeat performances, with the raccoons anytime soon! From now on, there is No Vacancy here for wildlife!  This home is for us, and our pets only! The noise from the attic was driving the dogs bonkers, they have been looking at the ceiling, barking, and, growling. Turns out they weren't crazy after all! That was in turn driving us bonkers as I am sure you can imagine! So now we have had enough of Mother Nature, and her wildlife this Spring! This animal hotel has  a NO Vacancy sign now! I hope that this is the end of the story as far as our  night time visitors are concerned! Lol!

  Time to put this post to bed, okay, I'm gonna get off here and post it! Haha! I'll be talkin' to ya's , so in the meantime have a good evening, and a safe journey. Until we meet again... 

No comments: