About US

My photo
This the story of our journey, Into Something Good, going Somewhere Over the Rainbow, and trying to Hold Onto Our Dreams. How we got on the way to becoming HALF time RVers! Our Ford 350 super duty diesel truck is our horses, we call it the Beast . Our 2008 34'7" 3 slide Cedar Creek Silverback fifth wheel is our Prairie Schooner Wagon,we call it the Bear. Just like the first RVers, the Pioneers of Yesteryear traveling around the country searching for a rich full filling life! Come along with us for the ride and read about our triumphs and mishaps along the way! About to be Part time RVers in a Cedar Creek Silverback 2008, 34'7", 3 slide 5th wheel, which is our Prairie Schooner Wagon, and a 2006 Ford 350 super duty 1 ton diesel truck is our horses, or oxen, only we have to feed it diesel instead of grass, and oats, which costs a lot more! Retired Air Force empty nesters off to see the good ole USA! Favorite Quote: "Life is a Blank Canvas, Made For Me to Add the Colors" Goal: I am trying to add as many colors as I can to my life!

Monday, February 25, 2013

Almost Three Years Have Gone By!

Hello All,
I don't know if ya'll still remember us or not it has been almost 3 years since I have written on my blog.  Lot's of things have happened, some good and some bad!  So I thought I'd bring ya up to date and see if I can still remember how to do this!  :)

We were in an accident, this is the bad, (with our Dodge Ram only) on November 22, 2011.  We were headed to Circleville, Ohio for Thanksgiving, and at the intersection of Routes 104 and 56 a car ran the red light going at least 55 mph, and broadsided us!  We were lucky we were in our 1 ton truck otherwise we would have been hurt so much worse than we were.  We had to say goodbye to our beloved white Dodge Ram truck that day because it was totaled!  Since the impact was on  the driver's side the Sheriff said had we been in a van or a regular car that Mike would not have made it out of the accident alive.  They had to cut him out of the door with the jaws of life.  As it was, his back was jammed and twisted on impact, his knees were rammed up into the dash, and he had a broken ankle and broken little finger, and a concussion with concussion syndrome lasting for approximately 3 months!  He is still recovering from the injuries to his back since it had already been fused in two places several years before the accident.  So that was not good for his back.

My injuries were much less severe.  I ended up with a separated shoulder, two fractured ribs, and a seat belt injury  to my chest area.  We were both taken to the hospital and released about 10:00 p.m. that night. We were without a car or a truck for over a month because our truck was totaled by the insurance company the next week.  The bad thing about that was we had just paid it off in October of 2011!  Do you have luck like that, we always do lol.  So the other insurance company didn't have to give us a loaner car because of our vehicle being totaled.  That is when we decided to get a lawyer because the accident wasn't our fault.  We had to borrow our son's cars or neighbors cars until we got the check from the insurance company, so we could look for another truck!  Needless to say our plans to go to Florida last January had to be cancelled, so I kind of got discouraged and didn't write on my blog.  So that is the bad.  We still haven't settled the lawsuit with the other insurance company, but I imagine it will be sometime this year.

The good part:  We found a truck!  The bad part: we have a payment again!  LOL!  We ended up with a Ford F 350 super duty, 1 ton  Larriet diesel dually double cab truck!   Wow that was a mouthful to type!  Haha!   We just call it The Beast!  It is a lot longer and bigger than our Dodge dually was.   Mike took to it right away, but it took me about 2 and a half months to get up the courage to try to drive it!  The Beast and I get along very well now, and from what Mike says it tows the fiver like a dream!  I leave the towing to Mike, I know when I am out of my league!  We took several short trips last summer. Just in and around Ohio, and Indiana, but it sure felt good to be back on the road again!

Well that is enough for now, as they say always leave them guessing, so you'll have to check back to see what else has happened during our time off.  I'll try to finish getting you the rest of the way up to date tomorrow or at least this week! I hope  I will be able to post a picture of the Beast then!

1 comment:

mountainborn said...

Great update ! Excellent writing. Glad things are turning around for you. Our latest tow is also a f350 Ford dually, and it is a beast alright, we call it the Kawabunga truck ! We pull a Jeep 4 down behind our 5er.
Hope to see you out on the road soon !