About US

My photo
This the story of our journey, Into Something Good, going Somewhere Over the Rainbow, and trying to Hold Onto Our Dreams. How we got on the way to becoming HALF time RVers! Our Ford 350 super duty diesel truck is our horses, we call it the Beast . Our 2008 34'7" 3 slide Cedar Creek Silverback fifth wheel is our Prairie Schooner Wagon,we call it the Bear. Just like the first RVers, the Pioneers of Yesteryear traveling around the country searching for a rich full filling life! Come along with us for the ride and read about our triumphs and mishaps along the way! About to be Part time RVers in a Cedar Creek Silverback 2008, 34'7", 3 slide 5th wheel, which is our Prairie Schooner Wagon, and a 2006 Ford 350 super duty 1 ton diesel truck is our horses, or oxen, only we have to feed it diesel instead of grass, and oats, which costs a lot more! Retired Air Force empty nesters off to see the good ole USA! Favorite Quote: "Life is a Blank Canvas, Made For Me to Add the Colors" Goal: I am trying to add as many colors as I can to my life!

Monday, November 23, 2009

UPDATES!!!!!!!!

GREETINGS ALL,
Sorry it has been so long between posts! WOW 3 months is a long time to not post on my blog! I hope you guys haven't given up on us! We are well and doing fine, even if we are still stuck in Ohio! We have yet to winterize the fiver but we have the RV antifreeze, and will do so after we get home from Thanksgiving at my Mom's. She is doing okay but is having a lot of trouble with her arthritis, must be where I get it from.

KNEE NEWS:
Speaking of arthritis, we just found out that my right knee is shot, it is now bone on bone so I will have to get it replaced. I have already scheduled surgery for February 1st, 2010. Gee that sounds like a long way off, but it really isn't is it? At least it is after the Holidays, it will be painful to wait but I won't be laid up over the holidays. I thought that by doing it then, that by the time spring gets here I will be on the road to recovery, if not on the road in the fiver. It shouldn't be too long that we'll be able to take off and go somewhere though, maybe in April or May. Since I have already had my left knee replaced, I know what to expect and the same doctor is doing the surgery so I know it will turn out okay.

GRAND GIRL NEWS:
Kara,
We have had Kara with us quite a bit the last 3 months, but at least Jamie is working and able to pay his rent, bills, ect... I have been working with her on her homework every day after school. She is doing much better, but still has gaps in her schooling because 2 yrs ago she was in 3 different schools in one year. They were always in a different place than the school she was at before. I hope I'll be able to help her fill those gaps by the end of the school year.

Autumn,
Autumn is doing extremely well in school, and once again this fall she was in cheer leading. Autumn's teacher said she wishes she could clone her because she is the perfect student! She is practicing hard for her ballet recital in December. I think she has grown about 3 inches since summer! Her hair has grown so long she can just about sit on it! Lol!

Tehya,
Well Tehya finally got to go to school this year, and is busy following in Autumn's footsteps. She is much more talkative in class though much to the teachers chagrin. Lol! She only goes to kindergarten 3 days a week , but they are full days. She will also be in the ballet recital, but she just kinda follows along with what everyone else does. Of course being 5 and small for her age helps, because everyone thinks the small ones are just too cute and they don't pay attention during the recital to any mistakes made.

APARTMENT UPDATE:
Our apartment is pretty much done except for a bit of finish work, painting and trim being put up so I want to get that done before I have surgery then I won't have to worry about it.

Well hopefully it won't be as long until the next time I post. Even if I don't post I'm still reading all of your blogs and thinking about all of you! We hope to see a lot of you on the road next year! So until the next time....



2 comments:

FD5, Retired said...

Glad to see you back. Good luck with the surgery. At least you know what to expect. Welcome back.

Stay Safe

Tumbleweed Dee said...

I saw you today on yahoo, but no chat. I'm so glad all is going well. Nice report about everyone. Thanks for the post.