About US

My photo
This the story of our journey, Into Something Good, going Somewhere Over the Rainbow, and trying to Hold Onto Our Dreams. How we got on the way to becoming HALF time RVers! Our Ford 350 super duty diesel truck is our horses, we call it the Beast . Our 2008 34'7" 3 slide Cedar Creek Silverback fifth wheel is our Prairie Schooner Wagon,we call it the Bear. Just like the first RVers, the Pioneers of Yesteryear traveling around the country searching for a rich full filling life! Come along with us for the ride and read about our triumphs and mishaps along the way! About to be Part time RVers in a Cedar Creek Silverback 2008, 34'7", 3 slide 5th wheel, which is our Prairie Schooner Wagon, and a 2006 Ford 350 super duty 1 ton diesel truck is our horses, or oxen, only we have to feed it diesel instead of grass, and oats, which costs a lot more! Retired Air Force empty nesters off to see the good ole USA! Favorite Quote: "Life is a Blank Canvas, Made For Me to Add the Colors" Goal: I am trying to add as many colors as I can to my life!

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

YESTERDAY AND BEYOND

Yesterday:
Wow, have things been moving fast here! I now have a gas stove here in the apartment and it is even hooked up to gas! Mike and Jamie,our son have been working their behinds off to get things done. So in a little over two weeks time I have gotten a sink and counter top, a back splash, a stove and gas all done and working great. Now I have no excuse for not cooking or doing dishes! I do need to get all my things out of the fiver so I can cook in here, but I want to leave the basic things in there so I don't have to repack everything when we go somewhere. So now I have to go out to the screen room where the freezer is and dig something out for dinner. I think it's either going to be pork chops or chicken, because I forgot to take the hamburger out so I could make meatloaf. Oh well, I guess I'm not used to being prepared after all those microwave meals.

Mom:
My Mom is finally on the mend. She sounds really good now and isn't coughing as much as she was. She still has to be symptom free for two weeks before they will reschedule her surgery. I am so relieved that she is getting better, and I Thank You all for your prayers and get well wishes! She even feels well enough to sew, and believe me that is a great improvement because you could hear how miserable she was on the phone! So now we wait and hope that the surgery can be scheduled in a couple of weeks. I guess time will tell.

Today:
Today is a rainy spring day here in Ohio. It seems like we have had alot of these type of days here lately. Mike wants to go do some errands today so I guess that is what we'll do, of course he has an ulterior motive, he wants to go to the used book store! So until next time, which I hope is alot sooner than the five days it has taken me to write this time :) ~~~~

No comments: