About US

My photo
This the story of our journey, Into Something Good, going Somewhere Over the Rainbow, and trying to Hold Onto Our Dreams. How we got on the way to becoming HALF time RVers! Our Ford 350 super duty diesel truck is our horses, we call it the Beast . Our 2008 34'7" 3 slide Cedar Creek Silverback fifth wheel is our Prairie Schooner Wagon,we call it the Bear. Just like the first RVers, the Pioneers of Yesteryear traveling around the country searching for a rich full filling life! Come along with us for the ride and read about our triumphs and mishaps along the way! About to be Part time RVers in a Cedar Creek Silverback 2008, 34'7", 3 slide 5th wheel, which is our Prairie Schooner Wagon, and a 2006 Ford 350 super duty 1 ton diesel truck is our horses, or oxen, only we have to feed it diesel instead of grass, and oats, which costs a lot more! Retired Air Force empty nesters off to see the good ole USA! Favorite Quote: "Life is a Blank Canvas, Made For Me to Add the Colors" Goal: I am trying to add as many colors as I can to my life!

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

SPRING 2009 ?

My newest mode of transportation!
Daffodils
Flowering Purple Plum

Is Spring here?
The first picture is of my new bike! Mike has the male version of the same bike! LOL! The bikes are our present to ourselves, for fun and for our health! Not only can we ride around the lakes where we live, but when we are at campgrounds and parks too. This is the first time we have bought something for ourselves, besides the fiver, and not the house. Our bikes are just your everyday regular Huffy bikes with no gears, and no hand brakes. However, they were more expensive than the 22 speed bikes! I guess it costs more not to put all those brakes and extra gears on! We could have got 2- 22 speed bikes for only $69.00 each, but our no speed, old fashioned bikes cost $99.00 each! Can you figure that out, sounds weird to me!
The daffodils are in our yard and have kept spreading every year, but they are nice and bright, and make me think spring is here.. Our tulips are up but have not bloomed yet, so I can't show you pictures of them. The forsythia bush hasn't bloomed yet so I can't tell if spring is here or not. I'm sure it will get here eventually! LOL! I don't know if my knees and my arthritis will like April showers though! I hope we'll have some sunny days too!

Jamie and Kara:
Hooray, they are in their apartment!!!! I am so glad that they are in, now they just have to get everything arranged in there! Kara and I got the curtain made for the door way to her room yesterday, and she was happy with it. The excitement and bustle of moving made for a very tired and cranky Kara by bedtime. She had a good day at her new/old school. What I mean is that she went there last year, so she knew some of the kids, and better yet they remembered her, so that was good! At least now strangers won't be taking care of her and I can put her to bed and wait at their apartment until her Dad gets home as long as we're in the area. Good for her, and all of us and I won't worry so much about her. The owner even said Kara could plant some flowers outside, so we may tackle that sometime.

Dinnertime:
Well it's time for dinner, so I think I'll sign off for today, so I hope that all your travels are smooth and safe and I'll see ya tomorrow...

1 comment:

Debbie Goode said...

New bikes, how fun. DH bought me a new bike when we started our full time journey almost 2 years ago. I felt like a kid and I still love to ride my bike. It is a pretty lavender and has a basket too! Being a kid again is fun!!