About US

My photo
This the story of our journey, Into Something Good, going Somewhere Over the Rainbow, and trying to Hold Onto Our Dreams. How we got on the way to becoming HALF time RVers! Our Ford 350 super duty diesel truck is our horses, we call it the Beast . Our 2008 34'7" 3 slide Cedar Creek Silverback fifth wheel is our Prairie Schooner Wagon,we call it the Bear. Just like the first RVers, the Pioneers of Yesteryear traveling around the country searching for a rich full filling life! Come along with us for the ride and read about our triumphs and mishaps along the way! About to be Part time RVers in a Cedar Creek Silverback 2008, 34'7", 3 slide 5th wheel, which is our Prairie Schooner Wagon, and a 2006 Ford 350 super duty 1 ton diesel truck is our horses, or oxen, only we have to feed it diesel instead of grass, and oats, which costs a lot more! Retired Air Force empty nesters off to see the good ole USA! Favorite Quote: "Life is a Blank Canvas, Made For Me to Add the Colors" Goal: I am trying to add as many colors as I can to my life!

Monday, March 16, 2009

GOOD NEWS !!!!

Finally Some Good News!!
My Mom called me this morning and told me they called her with the results of her MRI. She does not have cancer in her kidney or her ovary! So this means she is still cancer free. What a relief and it feels like a one ton weight has dropped off my shoulders! She also told me that she probably will not have surgery on her back until May or June. That means to us that we can probably get a few trips in and around Ohio before I have to be down at her house to help her after surgery! So we hope to plan a few little outings for this spring, and early summer before it gets too hot!

Spring:
I think we are getting closer to SPRING! Our temperatures have been around the 40's and above for a week or so now. We have tulips, and daffodils that are up about an inch. Our forsythia bushes are heavy with buds and I'm worried about a frost hurting my purple plum tree that is also budding now. I know it's not here yet, but soon I hope! Sure sounds like spring to me, but we still haven't seen many robins yet. I think since I was born around the first day of spring in March that I have an affinity with spring. Something stirs in my blood and makes me want to be outside and doing things once it starts to warm up. Spring has always been my favorite season of the year, and I can't wait for it to begin every year. Then I always feel a little sad when summer arrives, I guess because spring is such an awakening, and rebirth for the earth. Everything always feels new and clean, and I always feel revived too! We always want to start fixing things, and cleaning up the yard so things look nice. We're looking for bikes for us to ride so we can both get some much needed exercise too. The dogs are also wanting to stay outside longer when we let them out, and if it's the least little bit warm we have trouble getting them to come in. They love laying on the deck in the sun once it warms up.

Today:
The sky is cloudy with no sun right now, but I still feel the need to get busy. We're going to make a trip to Lowe's for some more lumber for the wall, so we can get ready to remove the garage door and put the windows in the apartment. That's another reason I'm glad it's warmer. More light in the apartment will make it seem so much bigger. That's why we picked our fiver because it was so bright and it had so many windows in it. All winter we have only had one window in our door so the apartment has felt dark and dreary. Well I really need to run and get busy, so I'll say ta ta for now and see ya tomorrow...



No comments: