About US

My photo
This the story of our journey, Into Something Good, going Somewhere Over the Rainbow, and trying to Hold Onto Our Dreams. How we got on the way to becoming HALF time RVers! Our Ford 350 super duty diesel truck is our horses, we call it the Beast . Our 2008 34'7" 3 slide Cedar Creek Silverback fifth wheel is our Prairie Schooner Wagon,we call it the Bear. Just like the first RVers, the Pioneers of Yesteryear traveling around the country searching for a rich full filling life! Come along with us for the ride and read about our triumphs and mishaps along the way! About to be Part time RVers in a Cedar Creek Silverback 2008, 34'7", 3 slide 5th wheel, which is our Prairie Schooner Wagon, and a 2006 Ford 350 super duty 1 ton diesel truck is our horses, or oxen, only we have to feed it diesel instead of grass, and oats, which costs a lot more! Retired Air Force empty nesters off to see the good ole USA! Favorite Quote: "Life is a Blank Canvas, Made For Me to Add the Colors" Goal: I am trying to add as many colors as I can to my life!

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

ICE ICE BABY!!!!!!!

Ice ice is not nice:
We got hit with icy conditions the last 2 days! Now, I don't mind a little dusting of snow most of the time, unless there is a lot of it! Some of the stuff around Christmas really makes it look pretty, and makes it seem more like Christmas. Having said that, I hate the mind numbing cold, and freezing wind, plus ice. The ice hit yesterday and got even worse overnight. There is a thick layer on our truck and the fiver, making conditions (too likely for a fall) for me to take a chance to go out to the fiver so I can wrap gifts. This frustrating for me and very hard to do when I want to get this done and over with! So I'm stuck inside and I don't have anything, that I want to do! LOL!!! Our road is still more than half covered with ice. We had plans last night to go do some shopping, and I need to get blood drawn for some tests. So that was the plan before we got up and let the dogs out this morning. After they went slip sliding across the deck, and Mike went out to the fiver to turn the furnace on in the fiver, and came back in to say everything was covered with ice, we decided that we needed to change our plans! He said that the steps going into the fiver were a solid sheet of ice, and didn't think anyone would be able to get enough traction to stay on them, let alone go up them, and into the door of the fiver! He is in our screen room right now with the hair dryer trying to thaw out the door to our freezer, so he can get something out for our dinner! LOL! Poor guy, he has taken a few days off to rest from working on the shower, and I ask him to get into the freezer. Yesterday he put plastic up on the bedroom windows, the kind you use the hair dryer on to shrink it, so he really hasn't had much rest. I seem to keep finding things for him to do! LOL! My "Honey Do" list just keeps getting longer! After he gets the chicken out of the freezer, I guess I should leave him alone the rest of the day! I think he'll be glad when we get on the road, so I won't be able to find so many jobs for him to do! So on that note I guess I'll close, so I can get busy, and pull my fair share of the load! Have a good day, and see ya's soon...

No comments: