About US

My photo
This the story of our journey, Into Something Good, going Somewhere Over the Rainbow, and trying to Hold Onto Our Dreams. How we got on the way to becoming HALF time RVers! Our Ford 350 super duty diesel truck is our horses, we call it the Beast . Our 2008 34'7" 3 slide Cedar Creek Silverback fifth wheel is our Prairie Schooner Wagon,we call it the Bear. Just like the first RVers, the Pioneers of Yesteryear traveling around the country searching for a rich full filling life! Come along with us for the ride and read about our triumphs and mishaps along the way! About to be Part time RVers in a Cedar Creek Silverback 2008, 34'7", 3 slide 5th wheel, which is our Prairie Schooner Wagon, and a 2006 Ford 350 super duty 1 ton diesel truck is our horses, or oxen, only we have to feed it diesel instead of grass, and oats, which costs a lot more! Retired Air Force empty nesters off to see the good ole USA! Favorite Quote: "Life is a Blank Canvas, Made For Me to Add the Colors" Goal: I am trying to add as many colors as I can to my life!

Sunday, February 3, 2008

5ER INCIDENTALS= MORE CASH OUTLAY!!!!

MORE THINGS WE HAVE TO HAVE:
Before we can even get out of the driveway after we pick up our fifth wheel trailer some more needed things have been brought to my attention by Mike! So here I will make a list so anyone going to full time will not be surprised like I was! LOL! I think I'll buy a lottery ticket!!! Haha!!

Deluxe Blocking System
Front Tri-pod Stabilizer
2 Hoses (1 White for water- 1 green to flush black tank)
Sewer Hose & Extension
Chocks For Wheels
Lynx Levelers
50 Amp to 30 Amp Adapter
Surge Protector
Water Pressure Regulator
Bulls-eye System( for Satellite TV)
Air Card and Router ( for computer internet)

APPROXIMATE TOTAL: Somewhere in the neighborhood of 1 (one) Thousand Dollars!
Here I thought we had gotten most of the high cost items! Too bad we don't have a money tree in the back yard!!!!! Might be a good idea for those of you getting ready to make plans to start a savings account for incidentals like this. I'd suggest at least 5 thousand dollars or more! Gee, less comes with the RV than I thought and we sold most of our stuff with our old 5er. I doubt it would still be good now anyway.
We would still be a year away from leaving for the road if we hadn't had the money we got from selling our pontoon boat in January. So it's nice to have an extra cushion to rely on! This total doesn't reflect what we already spent on new tires, travel/on the road insurance and, extra warranty for the 5er and, loan pay off and replacement insurance if something happens. I sure hope we are almost done with the expensive stuff so we can get to the fun stuff soon!!!!!

HAPPIER THOUGHTS:
Have a good Monday everyone! It will be so nice to have spring get here! At least in 6 more weeks!Lol! I am going to have to be as busy as a bee to get everything packed and done by then!


No comments: