About US

My photo
This the story of our journey, Into Something Good, going Somewhere Over the Rainbow, and trying to Hold Onto Our Dreams. How we got on the way to becoming HALF time RVers! Our Ford 350 super duty diesel truck is our horses, we call it the Beast . Our 2008 34'7" 3 slide Cedar Creek Silverback fifth wheel is our Prairie Schooner Wagon,we call it the Bear. Just like the first RVers, the Pioneers of Yesteryear traveling around the country searching for a rich full filling life! Come along with us for the ride and read about our triumphs and mishaps along the way! About to be Part time RVers in a Cedar Creek Silverback 2008, 34'7", 3 slide 5th wheel, which is our Prairie Schooner Wagon, and a 2006 Ford 350 super duty 1 ton diesel truck is our horses, or oxen, only we have to feed it diesel instead of grass, and oats, which costs a lot more! Retired Air Force empty nesters off to see the good ole USA! Favorite Quote: "Life is a Blank Canvas, Made For Me to Add the Colors" Goal: I am trying to add as many colors as I can to my life!

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Time To Get Organized!

We are in a unique situation here. Our Son is buying the house off of us, so I really don't have to pack up all our things. We will have the use of the garage for storage and our bedroom anytime we want when we are near, so I only have to sort and pack the things we either want to store, or take with us. I do have to empty out all the other bedrooms of extra stuff so he can spread out a bit. Then too some of the things I have he doesn't want to use,because he has his own.

THE WORST ONE OF ALL:
The bedroom that I use for my sewing and craft room is packed full of my little goodies! I had already separated things into plastic bins so it will be a little easier, but I have been dreading doing it. So here goes!

SEWING:
First all my sewing patterns I have decided will stay here, so that wasn't hard. Out to the garage they go in plastic tubs. But that is only a small part of all the stuff in the room. I want to take some of my quilting material and gadgets, cutting wheels etc... with me in the 5ER so, I will have to separate the colors, pack my sewing machine and serger. Then it can go in the one tub I have marked for hobbies to take on the road with me.

YARN:
Then there is my yarn, crochet hooks and directions. I will have to pick a few colors and use them and replace them on the road when I run out, because even though yarn doesn't weigh much it does take up space, and there wouldn't be room for it all! It would fill up the whole closet in the bedroom of the 5er! I keep telling myself that I'm not saying goodbye to all my stuff I still get to keep it! Most of my craft things will stay here in the garage too. I condensed two tubs into one and threw a bunch of misc things away. The more I throw away the more room we'll have in the garage to store some of the furniture and nick knacks I want to pack away for safety because they are breakable.

FLORAL:
Next are my floral supplies, and I think I will just take my wire cutters, wire, and floral tape. The silk flowers I can buy on the road if I want the make a wreath or arrangement for someone. I do silk wedding bouquets, corsages and all kinds of arrangements, but I doubt I will be making wedding things on the road! LOL! Ya never know when an opportunity to make money on the road will present itself at a kraft show or flea market!


I can see this is going to take more than one day, because I have only done 1/3 of the stuff and, I haven't even started on the crafts! What a fantastic craft and sewing room it has been,with everything I need from paint brushes, paint, glitter, thread etc... at my fingertips! I never dreamed I'd be packing most of it away, but I am always up for an adventure, and I think this will be a most excellent one! It will also be interesting to see what I can do without! At least I'm doing all this while it's cold outside so come spring it will all be done and we'll be ready to roll!
Hurry up spring!

1 comment:

A couple of newer paintings 2019 said...

Boy do I know how you feel! I had a craft room too and it was so difficult getting rid of it all. I only kept some paint brushes and my One Stroke books. Pretty much everything else went in a garage sale. Over $1000 of tole painting books sold for $20!

Good luck!