About US

My photo
This the story of our journey, Into Something Good, going Somewhere Over the Rainbow, and trying to Hold Onto Our Dreams. How we got on the way to becoming HALF time RVers! Our Ford 350 super duty diesel truck is our horses, we call it the Beast . Our 2008 34'7" 3 slide Cedar Creek Silverback fifth wheel is our Prairie Schooner Wagon,we call it the Bear. Just like the first RVers, the Pioneers of Yesteryear traveling around the country searching for a rich full filling life! Come along with us for the ride and read about our triumphs and mishaps along the way! About to be Part time RVers in a Cedar Creek Silverback 2008, 34'7", 3 slide 5th wheel, which is our Prairie Schooner Wagon, and a 2006 Ford 350 super duty 1 ton diesel truck is our horses, or oxen, only we have to feed it diesel instead of grass, and oats, which costs a lot more! Retired Air Force empty nesters off to see the good ole USA! Favorite Quote: "Life is a Blank Canvas, Made For Me to Add the Colors" Goal: I am trying to add as many colors as I can to my life!

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

LUNCH DATE AND MONSTER COOKIES!

LUNCH DATE:
Today we met Mike's former co-workers for lunch! They we're so excited to know that we had taken to plunge and got our 5th wheel trailer! Now they want us to bring it next time we have lunch so they can see it! We took the pictures with us and they were amazed at how much room there was in it! We got lots of ideas for trips from them! They said be sure we go to the Grand Canyon and Sedona! It was fun to catch up with all of them and their family's. They told Mike all that's been going on at work and made him glad he's not there anymore! lol! Same old politics and things going on as when he worked there. It never ends does it?

MONSTER COOKIES:
To make a long story short I have been making these cookies since the 1980's. They have just about everything in them but, the kitchen sink, and flour! When I first made them they were a great undertaking, because it was hard to mix up the dough, and you have to mix them up in a huge dishpan! One time I even broke a wooden spoon trying to stir them! Lol! They are monster cookies because of their size, you use an ICE CREAM scoop to drop them on the cookie sheet, and you can only put 3 on a cookie sheet because they spread so much! They also, use 1 doz eggs, 2 lbs of butter, 1 lb of M&M's, 2 lbs of peanut butter, and large amounts of the rest of ingredients! I'm using a scaled down recipe this time, of Paula Deen's, so it won't make so much! I'm also going to use a small cookie scoop for them so they won't be so big. They will still be the monster cookie recipe with all the ingredients, just not so big! They are expensive to make and I haven't made them in over 3 years! These cookies are a dieters nightmare! I promise to only eat one, and if ya believe that I've got a bridge for sale, you might be interested in too! Ha ha !
I just love watching Paula Deen on the food network! She is so funny! Anyway I'm baking these cookies for friends of ours, who are hungry for them. I love to bake cookies, but rarely do because they are so fattening! Let's just say there was a lot of begging involved and I couldn't say no!

HUBBY"S OBSESSION:
Since we bought the 5er, Mike sits and goes through RV parts and accessories catalogs! He is seriously scarring me! We need this, we need that, I would like to have this, this would be good to have! YIKES!!!! It must be a man thing is all I can think of! Kind of like me looking through a craft or country furniture catalog, maybe!

No comments: